5 Beauty Products to Pack in Your Weekend Travel Bag
As a beauty writer, I live and breathe products. There is a constant flow of new skincare, makeup and hair products making their way into my hands on the daily, so it’s a big deal when I declare that I’m “obsessed AF” with something. This series will detail the products that are *everything* to me right now.
Oh hey! I just got back from a whirlwind trip to LA for BeautyCon (which is basically like the Superbowl for makeup) and, as a result, had to pack my must-have makeup items for the long weekend. I absolutely hate having to choose what beauty products to bring when I travel — especially if I have an event to go to — because I always want to bring everything. This past weekend, I had to streamline my packing and bring only what I truly needed to look and feel my best. Here are five products I couldn’t live without in LA. That’s how obsessed I am with them.
1. WEN Mandarin Italian Fig Replenishing Treatment Mist ($40): I. Love. This. Stuff. You already know that I’ve been loyal to WEN for several years — and that my favorite hair product is from an infomercial — so it was love at first spritz with this treatment spray. Not only does this scent smell divine, but it’s also multipurpose: You can use it on your face, hair, body and pillow. Yep, I actually spritz this stuff on my pillow at night so my skin and hair get overnight benefits and my nose can smell the scent all night long. Shoutout to WEN founder Chaz Dean for that killer hack!
2. PÜR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation With Skincare Ingredients ($30): As someone who’s been wearing the same mineral-based makeup since I was 14, I was skeptical to try a new brand. Well, after using this product, it instantly became my new favorite mineral foundation. It glides on like a dream, offers solid coverage and has a ton of seriously good-for-your-skin ingredients. I also loooove that it’s pressed and not loose, so you can toss it in your purse.
3. BareMinerals GEN NUDE Matte Liquid Lipcolor ($18): Okay. You guys. I haven’t stopped wearing bareMinerals’ new nude lipcolors since I got them. They are EVERYTHING! These seriously gorgeous, totally universally flattering nude liquid lipsticks are some of the most comfortable formulas I’ve ever worn. The colors are rich yet natural, matte yet moisturizing and long-wearing yet not over drying. Seriously, IDK how they came up with this magical formula — it’s in a category of its own. My current fave color is Friendship.
4. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish ($8): I pretty much exclusively wear this nail polish. It’s the best! I am currently obsessed with this super light blue called Tea Party — it’s the perfect shade for summer that still packs a bit of unexpected (but totally wearable) color. This gel nail polish lasts way longer than traditional nail polish and comes in 75 different colors!
5. Wet n Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner ($3): This stuff is a $3 staple in my makeup bag. It’s a beautiful, deep eggplant color, glides on super smoothly, lasts all day without smudging and is easily removed. It’s a solid product for sure!
Follow us on Pinterest for more makeup inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.