5 Beauty Products That Will Instantly Freshen Up Your Routine
As a beauty writer, I live and breathe products. There is a constant flow of new skincare, makeup and hair products making their way into my hands on the daily, so it’s a big deal when I declare that I’m “obsessed AF” with something. This series will detail the products that are *everything* to me right now.
It’s been hot outside, y’all. My makeup hasn’t been holding up as well as it usually does, so products with a super long-lasting appeal are everything to me recently. Without them, my makeup would be sliding down my face and smudging underneath my eyes, leaving me looking like a slippery raccoon (not a look I’m after, FYI). From a makeup-setting face mist to a crease-free concealer (seriously!), here are five products I’m obsessed AF with that have been holding up to the heat and making me look and feel my best.
1. Japonesque Color Makeup Setting Spray ($29): I can’t go a day without using this setting spray — it’s that good. I love the fine mist that feels so refreshing when it’s applied. It’s totally transparent, so it won’t change the look of your makeup — it just makes sure your products stay put. I have relied on this setting spray for everything from day-to-night music festivals to weddings to sweaty nights on the town (from lots of dancing, DUH).
2. Lime Crime Velvetines Liquid Matte Lipstick in Polly ($20): In need of an always-flattering lip color that you don’t have to worry about reapplying? This perfect pink hue from Lime Crime is IT! Not only does this matte liquid lipstick feel hydrating on the lips (which is not typical of liquid lipsticks at all), but it is also totally lunch-proof. This lipstick rarely leaves my purse, because it works with everything.
3. Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Crème ($26): As someone who’s been loyal to my drugstore concealer for years, adding this bad boy into my makeup routine was tough — but I’m so glad I did. I love using this product when I need a little extra coverage or when I have a photo shoot for work. It’s super brightening, offers full coverage and — I swear — stays on without fading until you wash it off. It’s thick while still being blendable, making it a versatile concealer your makeup bag *needs*.
4. H2O+ Beauty Waterbright Color Correcting Mask ($42): This mask is straight up transformative. I only use this as an overnight mask. I scar very easily on my face because I’m so fair, so this treatment has been an absolute game changer for me. I put on a thin layer after I tone my skin at night and wake up with noticeably brighter skin that’s free from discoloration. The more you use it, the more results you’ll see. Not to mention, I also love the way the packaging disperses the perfect amount of product into your hand with just one pump. It’s the little things ;)
5. ALTERNA Haircare Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 Complete Correction ($12): After just one use of this product, my hair looked and felt different. Simple as that. I was instantly hooked on this super rich cream that packs a ton of hair benefits into one bottle because it’s so multi-purpose. My favorite way to use this stuff is to slather the ends of my hair in it when they’re damp and then let it air dry — it makes my hair incredibly soft and super shiny. I also will use a dime-sized amount on my hair when it’s dry for a little extra styling power. If you’re going on vacation and can only bring one hair item, consider this one-stop-shop wonder product.
Follow us on Pinterest for more makeup inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.