So far, 2016 has been all about the ‘70s. With disco-inspired trends such as the skinny scarf, sparkles and rose gold, things have been looking super groovy. And recently, former Miss Universe Olivia Culpo stepped out in a top that totally took us back to Studio 54 days.
Olivia’s white top featured some totally retro — and totally massive! — bell sleeves. Whether you rock it in a dress or blouse, the bell sleeve is great because it allows you to be in control of the look. You can make it as exaggerated as Olivia’s, or try something simpler and more subtle, but either way, you’re totally on-trend.
1. Who What Wear for Target Bell Sleeve Blouse ($25): If you want to try the trend without sacrificing your rent money, this Who What Wear for Target blouse is perfect. The simple white one can be taken on a test drive with your favorite jeans or skirt.
2. Shein Bell Sleeve Top ($28): Despite the mix of oxblood red, stripes and sleeves, this is one surprisingly mellow top. I’s an easy-to-wear piece that can take you from work to the bar with a switch from slacks to a skirt.
3. Pleione Bell Sleeve Top ($64): This coral hue is pretty much universally flattering, and the sleeves are ladylike without being too frou frou. Add a long pendant necklace to help accentuate the V-neck even more.
4. Milly Bell Sleeve Dress ($335): If there was one investment piece for the season that would surely get you from work to cocktail parties and everything in between, it’s this dress from Milly. This is your new go-to LBD.
5. Lucy Paris Bell Sleeve Dress ($70): If you’re ready to get noticed, this classic red bell-sleeve dress is perfect. Wear this on your next GNO as the weather gets chillier.
6. Trina Turk Floral Dress ($298): Who says long sleeves are the only way to wear the trend? This short bell-sleeved option from Trina Turk features a super fun print to boot!
7. Free People Forever Love Tunic ($128): Free spirits, this one’s for you: Rich purple and ochre are perfect for fall, but the exaggerated bell-sleeves really make this tunic perfectly bohemian.
8. Keepsake Faithful Bell Sleeve Dress ($160): A nice neutral pink like this blush hue is a great transitional color for going into fall — wear it now with your nude sandals, and amp it up in November with black tights and some ankle booties.
9. Cece Floral Bell Sleeve Dress ($129): Sometimes, you just need a colorful floral print to jazz up an LBD. This one will fit into your closet nicely and play well with accessories you already own.
10. Speechless Printed Bell Sleeve Lace Up Dress ($48): If muted tones are more your thing, look no further than this printed getup. The lace-up component is just subtle enough to pay homage to the ’70s without going overboard.
Which of these bell-sleeved beauties caught your eye? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Ethan Miller/Getty)