Beyond White: 15 Ombre Wedding Gowns
From creative cakes to unique invitations and more, brides everywhere are falling in love with ombre details, guaranteed to wow guests and leave a lasting impression long after the “I dos” are done. And thanks to the many gradient gowns gracing fashion runways and bridal collections, you can carry the trend over to the most important detail of the day — your dress! Whether you’re looking for a gown that’s whimsical, romantic, bold or just about anything else in between, it’s easy to find an ombre dress that’s totally original and all-around stunning. Which one’s right for you? Here are 15 eye-catching designs worth checking out.
1. Ombre Tulle Ball Gown with Pick Up Skirt by White by Vera Wang($900): As regal as it is romantic, this dramatic ball gown, available at David’s Bridal, helps give a formal affair a fresh and modern twist.
2. Resort by Reem Acra(Price Available Upon Request): Brides looking for a slightly more subtle take on the look are sure to love an elegant gown with a blush glow.
3. Laurel by Modern Trousseau(Price Available Upon Request): With its dreamy rosette appliqué and beautiful pastel layers, this ultra-feminine gown is fit for the modern princess bride.
4. Emma Gown by Theia Bridal ($1,295): A lightweight petal-adorned gown is just perfect for a springtime wedding, especially when its design is inspired by romantic Japanese cherry blossoms. Make this one yours at BHLDN.
5. Catalan Dress by Wai-Ching ($875): Not digging a princess-esque ballgown? Soft pastels may be pretty, but an ombre gown in fiery orange and red makes for an especially stunning entrance.
6. Edan by Kelly Faetanini (Price Available Upon Request): With its sexy fit-to-flare silhouette, plus soft touches of vintage rose ombre, this silk organza gown is simultaneously sweet and sophisticated.
7. Paris by Monique Lhuillier (Price Available Upon Request): What do you get when you add the slightest hint of color to an already striking tufted skirt? Show-stopping perfection.
8. Eliesa by Tara LaTour (Price Available Upon Request): With Radiant Orchid making a major splash as Pantone’s color of the year for 2014, this gown’s purple-tinted-fringe design is totally on trend.
9. Steampunk Fairytale Gown by Etsy Designer KMKDesignsllc ($1,195): Etsy’s already your one-stop shop for all things handmade, so why not also make it your go-to for the custom-crafted wedding gown of your dreams? This whimsical fairytale-inspired dress brings out your inner goddess and is easily personalized in one of five ombre color schemes.
10. Inès by & For Love ($1,826): Jetting off to the tropics for a destination soiree? Ombre goes bold yet relaxed with a hot-pink hem and a light two-piece set that’s just right for the easy-going, non-traditional bride.
11. Kiki by Hayley Paige (Price Available Upon Request): An ombre pleated peplum lends major wow factor to a simple yet sassy mini-dress.
12. Wisteria Tulle Ball Gown by Lazaro (Price Available Upon Request): Make the aisle your own personal runway by stepping out in a totally of-the-moment high-low tiered ball gown.
13. Xenia Dress by Wai-Ching ($2,175): Wedding gown or work of art? When it comes to this one-of-a-kind masterpiece, we say both!
14. Fall Collection by Jean Louis Sabaji (Price Available Upon Request): Forget being princess for a day. This dramatic gown is fit for a queen.
15. Morning by Etsy Designer Ouma ($1,280): With its timeless sweetheart bodice, plus an ombre hemline that beautifully transitions between mauve and blush, this dress offers the perfect combination of classic and modern flair.
Which ombre wedding dress styles do you especially love (or hate)? Let us know in the comments below!