Celebs Have Proven That THIS is the Swimsuit of the Summer
We love it when a trend comes around full circle. This summer has been the summer of comeback trends — from off-the-shoulder tops to jorts + culottes. It’s always exciting when you have an old piece for so long, it’s actually en vogue again (brings a whole new meaning to shopping your closet!). One swimsuit trend that is back in a big way is the one-piece. All summer long, we’ve seen celebs rockin’ this style of suit like it’s 1989, and it’s official. The one-piece is totally the swimsuit of summer 2015.
Over the weekend, Blue Ivy and her super famous mother went sailing over the weekend, and Beyoncé posted the adorable pics of the trip on her Instagram. Mother and daughter were sporting matching black and white patterned bathing suits (new trend?) — Bey’s with curve-hugging cutouts and Blue Ivy’s featuring sweet black detailing on the sides.
A couple weeks back, Kris Jenner totally “grounded” Kylie for stealing her ’80s Body Glove suit and wearing it with brand new flair in Acapulco for the younger Jenner’s 18th birthday.
Meanwhile, other members of the Kardashian-Jenner fam (namely, Khloé and Kendall) were spotted in St. Barth’s looking stylish in their matching black and red one-pieces. Kendall appropriately titled this one: “baeeeewatch.”
And who could forget Jessica Simpson’s all-white, ruffled “birthday suit” that she wore for her vacay also in St. Barth’s? Not us. Yup, as illustrated by vacationing celebs everywhere, the one-piece is here to stay. Embrace it. Here’s five on-trend one-pieces you can can still snag before summer it over.
1. Pool Water One-Piece ($120): This limited edition one-piece from the crazy creatives at Clashist (makers of the James Franco + Miley Cyrus tongue bathing suits also, don’t you forget) bring the infinity pool to your bod in this sweet suit.
2. J.Crew Jungle Print Racerback One-Piece ($110): This one-piece combines two trends — watercolor print + one-piece — and it’s absolutely glorious. This bold print is definitely a head-turner. Rock this with a white straw hat, aviators + and a Mai Tai.
3. MiracleSuit Laguna Beach Coco Magicsuit ($192): Channel some serious Bond girl vibes in this zip up Lycra scub-style suit. Seriously, Ursula Andress, eat your heart out.
4. Minkpink Wild Keepsake One-Piece Suit ($66): This sweet purple and floral suit is definitely perfect for your lake-front vacation this Labor Day. Wear this one with a white lace coverup and a big floppy straw hat.
5. Zoe Karsson Addicted to Love One-Piece ($59): Every closet requires its own vintage or ’80s-inspired one-piece. This adorable navy number by Zoe Karsson features a fun palm tree print a a clear message.
6. Mikoh Haianano Plunge Front Halter Swimsuit ($210): This sultry stunner features a gorg orange palm tree print and a super low V-neck. This bathing suit is definitely one you need to add to your poolside wear rotation STAT.
Will you be rocking a one-piece suit before the summer is out? Tell us in the comments below!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.