8 One-Pot Miracles Perfect for a Stag V-Day
In case you haven’t heard, Valentine’s Day is on a Friday. Which means your regular Friday night single ladies highjacks may be squandered by the likes of starry-eyed couples everywhere. And getting a table at a restaurant? Forget about it. How about you stay at home? Not to sulk in singlehood but to celebrate it! Indulge in any of these easy one-pot wonders (no reservation required) and you won’t even have to share with anyone.
1. Jambalaya Risotto: Nothing says hot date like jambalaya. Spicy and sultry are cornerstones of Louisiana cooking. When paired with risotto, we think this one is definitely a keeper. (via Sweet C’s Designs)
2. Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash: Spaghetti squash and lasagna just had a delicious baby. You can eat this saucy cheesy goodness right from the squash for mozzarella’s sake! This invention is best savored solo. (via Ari’s Menu)
4. Potato Hash with Spinach and Eggs: Breakfast for dinner is the best thing that ever happened to us. Well, almost. And eggs on top of anything is the same sentiment as, “You had me at hello.” (via Martha Stewart)
5. One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta Recipe: Throw linguine, garlic, tomatoes, onions, basil, and broth in a pot and let them do what they do best. And hey girl, forget that Lady and the Tramp scenario, because this time it’s all for you. (via Apron Stings)
6. Black Bean and Sweet Potato Turkey Chili: Of course we added a chili to the list. Hearty, healthy, and spicy, chili is the well-deserved poster child of the one-pot dish and makes for some swoon-worthy leftovers. (via Our Best Bites)
7. Oven Butternut Squash Risotto: Talk about simple and sweet. Risotto is already a creamy dream, but then you add butternut squash, and we start wondering, “Where have you been all my life, gorgeous?” Bonus: It’s vegetarian-friendly. (via Food52)
8. Apple Cider Baked Chicken: A new take on meat and potatoes, but this time with apples, because… yum! It takes some marinating, but once this dish is out of the oven, feel free to kiss the chef. (via Gimme Some Oven)
What are you cooking up for Valentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments!