For many of us, 2016 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2017! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
When it comes to healthy lunches you can make at home and then take to work, healthy wrap recipes and creative sandwich recipes may come to mind. However, you don’t have to eat wraps and sammies in order to enjoy fresh, healthy lunches every day. In fact, prepping lunch can be even EASIER — you can make a one-pot Paleo meal, pack it up and reheat it during the work day. Talk about easy-peasy! Here are 13 of our favorite one-pot Paleo and Whole30-approved meals to help tide you over on weekdays.
1. One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies: This super healthy and nutritious meal features chicken breasts and the veggies of your choice, all topped with a delicious balsamic and Italian dressing. Pro tip: As with all of these recipes, make sure to wait until you’re ready to eat before you add any glazes or dressings on top. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
2. Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala: Tikka masala is an Indian favorite that tastes AMAZING over a bed of rice. If you’re strictly Paleo, here’s a tip: Just sub in cauliflower rice for the traditional grain. Problem solved. (via A Girl Worth Saving)
3. Paleo Butternut Sausage Bake With Kale: Featuring butternut squash, pork sausage, kale and marinara sauce, this delicious combination of flavors goes into one cast-iron skillet before getting popped in the oven to bake for about 30 minutes. You’ll have to roast the squash for 30 minutes too, so this bad boy takes a total of about one hour of prep time. WORTH IT. (via Paleo Running Mama)
4. Paleo Skillet Beef Fajitas: Fajitas are basically the secret that allows low-carb eaters everywhere to still go out for Mexican food. Recreate the dish at home in just one pan by sizzling strips of beef, red pepper, yellow pepper, jalapeño and assorted spices together on high heat. (via A Healthy Life for Me)
5. One Pot Cabbage and Sausage: This one-pot, Paleo-friendly recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for cooking up, well, whenever. In addition to smoked sausage, it showcases the flavors of cabbage, onions, bell peppers, olive oil and garlic. (via Bravo for Paleo)
6. Dutch Oven Grecian Chicken: Talk about healthy — this Mediterranean chicken recipe is chock-full of heart-healthy garlic, lean chicken, detoxifying lemons and fresh oregano. You’ll cook it in a Dutch oven for roughly 90 minutes, and after that, it’ll be ready to heat up throughout the week. (via Sweet C’s Designs)
7. Healthy Beef and Butternut Squash Stew: If you’ve noticed that there’s A LOT of butternut squash in these recipes, that’s because it’s a fabulous Paleo-friendly carb source that won’t weigh you down or disrupt your digestion. This stew makes good use of it too, combining it with beef, thyme, rosemary and olive oil. (via Noshtastic)
8. Paleo Jicama Hash: Jicama (pronounced HEE-kuh-muh) is a Mexican potato that tastes SUPER amazing in hash form. With fajita veggies thrown into the mix, this sizzling dish has pretty much ZERO downsides. (via Sweet C’s Designs)
9. Keto Egg Fried Rice: The ketogenic diet promotes a high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb approach to eating, and this fried rice recipe is perfect for anyone trying to eat LCHF (low-carb, high-fat). Don’t be fooled: That’s cauliflower rice in there, but we promise you won’t miss the real thing. (via Primal Palate)
10. Paleo Taco Skillet: If craving tacos is basically your default state, you don’t need to be scared off of Paleo eating. This taco skillet will help you get your fix sans tortilla. Just shovel it on a salad or eat it in a bowl. Bonus points if you add some avocado on top. (via Sweet C’s Designs)
11. One Pan Paleo Jerky Nachos: Speaking of indulging your cravings for Mexican foods, these Paleo-friendly nachos are EVERYTHING. Instead of the usual fare, you’ll make your tacos with sweet potatoes, avocado, tomatoes, onion, tomato and jerky sticks. They’re the perfect take-away meal to bring to work. (via Paleo Hacks)
12. One Pan Cajun Chicken Dinner: If Cajun is the cuisine you’re craving, pop this crazy-good recipe into the oven. Parsley, black pepper, onion and bell peppers come together to create the ultimate healthy Cajun poultry dish. We also think shrimp could be a delicious protein alternative. (via Cooking Classy)
13. One Pot Paleo Mexican Chicken Stir Fry: When you think of stir-frys, you probably envision an Asian-inspired meal… not anymore. This Mexican-flavored dish uses fajita veggies, spices and lean chicken, as well as uber-healthy broccoli florets. Yum! (via Sweet C’s Designs)
For more Paleo-friendly recipe ideas, follow us on Pinterest!