7 #OOTDs for the Week: How to Nail the Winter Pop of Color
Sure, your weekly outfit inspiration is never more than a hashtag away, but have you tried scrolling through the thousands of recently posted #ootds in the 10 minutes you have to dress before you run out the door? Insanity.
1. @cynthyeah: Statement coats are one of the most heavily discounted garments this holiday shopping season, and if you ask us, that means Christmas came early. We’d snatch one up in a bright solid color like this true blue number to ensure it works as seamlessly with all of our neutral knits as it does with our tacky Christmas sweaters.
2. @bittersweetcolours: Now that we know that camel and fuchsia play so nice together, we’re officially ready to say “yes” to a hot pink clutch. It might be one of our favorite coat/bag combos of the entire season.
3. @badjeansclub: Not only are we loving the fact that this scarf seems like it’s basically as big as a blanket (#cozygirlwin), but the non-traditional take on the plaid color palette is beyond eye catching. Slink a number like this around your neck and you’ll make a basic weekend uniform like jeans and a sweatshirt insanely enviable.
4. @ryanbyryanchua: Soften up an all-black outfit (especially one consisting of edgier pieces like leather leggings and over-the-knee boots) with a snuggly hooded cardigan in one of the season’s most swoon-worthy gem tones. Bonus points for matching it with your lip color and coffee cup.
5. @laurengoodstyle: You’ll basically be living in boots this season, so your go-to pair might as well be statement makers all themselves. Remember, you never have to match your boots to any specific color in your outfit — they just have to vibe with the palette you put together. If you’re in the market for a colorful, yet versatile pair, keep your eyes out for a punchy caramel or rich burgundy (but you can call it marsala ;)
6. @sweetest_something: Sure, that red coat is something, but tell us you’re not totally mesmerized by those mermaid green sunglasses. We love the offbeat choice to showcase this summer staple at a time when we least expect to see a neon-colored accessory. But what’s even more of a shocker: they’re ultra chic — the tinted lenses and metallic frames are to thank for that.
7. @risque_clothing: Yep, colorful tights are still a total go-to when it comes to adding a pop of color to your winter get up. Avoid looking like you did in grade school by using it to dress up a cozy monochrome outfit like a sweater dress, ankle boots and beanie — both in and outdoors.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do a #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.