Sure, your weekly outfit inspiration is never more than a hashtag away, but have you tried scrolling through the thousands of recently posted #ootds in the 10 minutes you have to dress before you run out the door? Insanity.
That’s why every Monday, we’re hand-picking the previous week’s best dressed Instas for you to ogle, double tap and use as your trend cheat sheet to help you style your own share-worthy outfits. For our first set of sartorial inspo, we’re featuring seven girls who nail the winter pop of color. Scroll through to pick up on how you can wow in your cold weather color palette with just one bold accessory.
1. @cynthyeah: Statement coats are one of the most heavily discounted garments this holiday shopping season, and if you ask us, that means Christmas came early. We’d snatch one up in a bright solid color like this true blue number to ensure it works as seamlessly with all of our neutral knits as it does with our tacky Christmas sweaters.
2. @bittersweetcolours: Now that we know that camel and fuchsia play so nice together, we’re officially ready to say “yes” to a hot pink clutch. It might be one of our favorite coat/bag combos of the entire season.
3. @badjeansclub: Not only are we loving the fact that this scarf seems like it’s basically as big as a blanket (#cozygirlwin), but the non-traditional take on the plaid color palette is beyond eye catching. Slink a number like this around your neck and you’ll make a basic weekend uniform like jeans and a sweatshirt insanely enviable.
4. @ryanbyryanchua: Soften up an all-black outfit (especially one consisting of edgier pieces like leather leggings and over-the-knee boots) with a snuggly hooded cardigan in one of the season’s most swoon-worthy gem tones. Bonus points for matching it with your lip color and coffee cup.
5. @laurengoodstyle: You’ll basically be living in boots this season, so your go-to pair might as well be statement makers all themselves. Remember, you never have to match your boots to any specific color in your outfit — they just have to vibe with the palette you put together. If you’re in the market for a colorful, yet versatile pair, keep your eyes out for a punchy caramel or rich burgundy (but you can call it marsala ;)
6. @sweetest_something: Sure, that red coat is something, but tell us you’re not totally mesmerized by those mermaid green sunglasses. We love the offbeat choice to showcase this summer staple at a time when we least expect to see a neon-colored accessory. But what’s even more of a shocker: they’re ultra chic — the tinted lenses and metallic frames are to thank for that.
7. @risque_clothing: Yep, colorful tights are still a total go-to when it comes to adding a pop of color to your winter get up. Avoid looking like you did in grade school by using it to dress up a cozy monochrome outfit like a sweater dress, ankle boots and beanie — both in and outdoors.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do a #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.