When it comes to the biggest red carpet of award show season, we’ll admit we’re pretty focused on the fashion. But once those stars start strutting their stuff, it’s immediately obvious that without the hair and makeup, the perfect dress would be nothing. We saw a lot of stunning updos at this year’s Oscars, but we also spotted a handful of celebrity haircuts that left us itching for a turn in the barber’s chair. If you’re in the market for a new ‘do, bring along one of these red-carpet ready cuts to show your stylist.
1. Margot Robbie: Go slightly shorter than the lob that’s taking over heads everywhere and opt for this easygoing textured cut. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Carmen Ejogo: Or take notes from Carmen Ejogo and Kristen Wiig and go even shorter than Margot Robbie in a baby bob. This cut looks great when a little bit of bedhead is involved, or you can give it a touch of extra styling with some soft flapper curls. (Photo via Jason MerrittGetty)
3. Faith Hill: Let’s not forget about the power that can come with a seriously great pixie cut. Keep it soft for an everyday style and incorporate a little more gel like Faith is doing here for those fancier occasions. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Nicole Kidman: If you want to put a slightly more layered spin on the lob, go for a chop similar to Nicole Kidman’s. It offers that blunt edge on the bottom, with a little bit of added softness throughout. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Naomi Watts: Making a pretty strong case for the angled lob, Noami Watts showed off the versatility of the ultra-popular cut in pretty much perfect beach waves. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Zendaya: For dressed up-dread inspo, take one glance at performer Zendaya’s super long, twisted locks and fall in love. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Jennifer Hudson: If Faith’s pixie is a little too short for you, go just a touch longer with Jennifer’s cut. For some added drama, we recommend mimicking her exaggerated side part. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
8. Jennifer Aniston: Let’s forget about all this lob talk for a second and remember the beauty of long hair. Forever our hair inspiration, Jennifer Aniston rocked a simple cut with face-framing layers that’ll be perfectly easy come summertime. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
9. Felicity Jones: If you’re not ready to chop it all off but you want to do something drastic, how about some blunt bangs? Similar to Zooey Deschanel’s trademark ‘do but not quite as heavy, the English actress proves that this fringe can look stunning with hair that’s either pinned up or left down. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
10. Solange Knowles: For all you curly-haired girls who thought you couldn’t rock a shoulder-length cut, just take a glance at how Solange does it. The singer, who usually sports an envy-inducing afro, dawned a more relaxed ‘do last night with loose waves falling just above her shoulder. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
Have any of these celebs inspired you to head to the hairdresser? Which one? Share with us in the comments below.