10 Award-Winning Oscar Party Cocktails
Award season is in full swing, and *tomorrow* marks the 88th Annual Academy Awards. We know you’ve got your Oscars finger foods covered and some DIY Oscars decor that is sure to make it the best viewing party yet, but what about your drinks? You can’t properly enjoy the theatrics of the show without a drink to toast your favorite celebs as they accept those well-deserved Oscar wins. Whether you’re whipping up a big batch for all your friends or just a few fancy cocktails for you and a select few, we’ve got some killer cocktails that are sure to win you a standing ovation from your guests. Just be sure to have that acceptance speech ready.
1. Champagne Mojitos: A bubbly take on the classic cocktail favorite, this drink is sure to win over even the pickiest of guests. Be sure to really muddle the mint with the lime juice and simple syrup to release the oil and flavor in the leaves. (via Snapguide Team on Snapguide)
2. Blackberry Gin Fizz: This recipe utilizes fresh blackberry puree to give the cocktail its unique flavor — or substitute the blackberries for your favorite berries of the day. Either way, make sure you include a gilded drink stirrer for the perfect finishing touch. (via Maryanne Cabrera on Snapguide)
3. Asian Pear + Tequila Cocktail: The sophisticate among your group will love this complicated cocktail. With a purée of Asian pear and Anise and a splash of fresh lime juice — and, of course, Tequila — this drink is well-balanced and delightfully smooth to sip. (via Third Rail SF on Snapguide)
4. 24 Carat Champagne Cocktail: This award-worthy cocktail combines our love of bubbles and sparkles. With edible gold stars lining the rim and a few berries for a pop of color, this champagne cocktail gets its subtle cinnamon taste from our old college favorite — Goldschlager! (via Snapguide Team on Snapguide)
5. Rosemary Blackberry Limonata: If you’re looking for a drink that’s both fresh and bright, grab a glass of THIS. It’s the perfect burst of summer herbs and fruit in the dead of winter. (via Maryanne Cabrera on Snapguide)
6. Scotch + Oat-Infused Honey Cocktail: If sweet sippers just aren’t your thing, raise your glass to this oat-infused smokey scotch cocktail. With a name like “Needle in the Hay,” this cocktail is sure to stand out on your party menu. (via AQ SF on Snapguide)
7. French 75: If you’re serving a large group, whip up a big batch of this classic cocktail. Even though it’s an oldie, it’s definitely a good addition to your night. With its short list of yummy ingredients, the French 75 is always at the top of our must-sip list. (via Snapguide Team on Snapguide)
8. Fresh Lime Margarita: Margaritas are pretty much the definition of a refreshing cocktail, and this recipe’s addition of fresh lime juice really gives it that extra bright bite of flavor. (via Maryanne Cabrera on Snapguide)
9. Pear, Lime + Gin Cocktail: We say the award for the fanciest cocktail goes to… this one! With homemade pear liquor, gin and absinthe and the need for a brûlée torch (yup, you read that right) this is one A-list cocktail. (via AQ SF on Snapguide)
10. Ginger Pear Bellini: Switch up the brunch classic with a unique combination of flavors like homemade ginger simple syrup and fresh pear puree. The last step in this recipe is to just pop and pour that bottle of bubbly! (via Snapguide Team on Snapguide)
Have any favorite Oscars cocktails of your own? Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.