25 Tables to Inspire Your Next Outdoor Dinner Party
The sun is out, and there’s only one proper way to celebrate: an outdoor party! Admit it. You’ve been waiting for an excuse to plan a party in your backyard. Prepping the table is half the fun, whether you’re planning a picnic-style affair or an all-out dinner party. Breathe a sigh of relief — we’ve found all the inspiration you need to style a stunning table. Now just invite over a few friends, pour some drinks and get ready to soak up the sun while you get your grub on.
3. Picnic Box Place Setting: Personal packed lunches in cute boxes along with pretty colorful napkins? So fun. And don’t get us started on all the yummy goodies you could find in these little lunches. Suddenly we’re totally inspired to have a picnic. (via Eric Kelley Photography)
4. Preppy Stripes: The secret ingredient to an instantly stunning tablescape is simple: stripes! It’s a great backdrop for any table setting, but we’re particularly in love with the way bright colors pop in this print-worthy photo. (via My Sweet + Saucy)
7. Surf Inspired Tablescape: We’re done with stuffy dinner parties. Kick back and keep things comfy and cool by seating your guests on soft pillows next to a low table. A colorful tassel garland makes the scene a bit more festive. It’s party time! (via Green Wedding Shoes)
9. Orange Crush Tablescape: Next up: inspiration for a mood-boosting party! Your guests won’t be disappointed to discover that dinner’s on the patio with this irresistible orange table-setting. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
10. Simple White Place Setting: Taking the party outside doesn’t mean that you have to eat with paper plates and plastic cutlery. Keep things simple, yet stylish with a monochromatic setting and a single flower. (via A LowCountry Wedding)
11. Dotty Table With DIY Planters: DIY this table for your next outdoor fete. You’ll garner bragging rights when you surprise your guests by passing out the planters as parting favors. (via Brooklyn Bride)
12. Table-Length Garland: Looking for something a bit more elegant? A long table-length garland steals the show without being too fussy. Add some taper candles to balance out the centerpiece perfectly. (via Style Me Pretty)
13. Wood Plank Table Runner: Mason jars aren’t going away any time soon. Plop some pretty flowers into hand-painted jars atop a rustic wood plank for an instant centerpiece. The horizontal napkin placing is another lovely touch and a great way to style each plate without covering up the menu. (via Wedding Chicks)
15. Terracotta Pots Centerpiece: Sometimes we’re busy. Or maybe just plain lazy. Whatever the case, we want a trendy table in a hurry, minimal cost, minimal fuss. Those potted plants hanging around your front porch? They’ll do perfectly. (via Style Me Pretty)
16. Fresh Wildflowers With a Vintage Vibe: It’s all about the details — pretty prints, pint jars, wildflowers, stripy straws and even a bit of burlap. This summery mix of southern charm and vintage prints is exactly what makes us want to get in on the fun. Invite us! (via Etsy Weddings)
17. Glitz and Glamour: Sick of the same old table setting? We hear ya. What you need is a good dose of glam. Glitter never goes out of style. And there’s no better way to break out of boring. (via Wedding Chicks)
19. Simple Succulent Place Setting: Succulents are all the rage. Not only are they beautiful, but they are virtually indestructible. Make a bunch of these mini potted versions to grace each guest’s place, and they’ll be thrilled to take it home afterward. (via Ruffled)
22. Simple Citrus Setting: Can we all agree that any event involving this amount of citrus is something we want in on? This centerpiece is pretty enough to… well, eat. If you don’t want your guests dipping into the fruit bowl, you might want to add a piece of fruit to each place setting. (via Apartment 34)
23. Sunflower Setting: Here comes the sun… flowers. Brighten up an alfresco meal with the addition of these yellow babies and napkins in coordinating colors. It’s not too fancy, just peppy and plain fun. (via Wedding Chicks)
What’s on your outdoor party table? Talk to us about your tabletop style in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)