6 Parking Apps to Curb Road Rage
We’ve seen people flip the bird in traffic or throw their hands up when they’re cut off. But maybe the most frustrating thing that a driver has to deal with is parking — figuring out where you can park, how much it’s going to cost you and remembering to feed the meter if your appointment runs over time. Since we love you and want you to be happy, let us show you where to pop that ride into “P” and how to avoid those pesky tickets. Check out these six apps to curb any future fines.
1. ParkMe: You reserve seats at a restaurant, so how about reserving your parking spot? ParkMe displays lots, garages and street spots, highlighting the cheapest parking prices and allowing you to dib your spot. The app covers all 50 states, Canada and over 25 other countries. (Free on iOS and Android)
2. BestParking: Here’s one less task to worry about on your way to the airport. This app scans through parking facilities based on your arrival time, departure time and if you’re going to be jet setting for a day or for a month. It then compares prices to help you save while you fly. (Free on iOS, Android and Blackberry)
3. Parker: Want to know your destination before you even put your keys into the ignition? This app enables you to figure out your parking plan ahead of time. It details meter fees, payment information and gives you directions to wherever you’re headed. (Free on iOS and Android)
4. Parkmobile: We don’t know about you guys, but we don’t always have time to scramble around for coins and dollar bills. If the garage we’re heading to uses Parkmobile, we don’t have to: Our phone is all we need to complete the transaction. Not only that, but Parkmobile lets you keep track of your monthly parking expenses, and if you’re traveling with a friend, you can easily switch your payment info from car to car just by inputting the license plate number. (Free on iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows)
5. Parking Panda: For all the city mice reading endless parking signs, the Panda is here for support. From Boston to Houston to San Francisco, Parking Panda navigates streets and structures throughout the nation to show you where to park, when the best times to park are and how much you’ll pay. (Free on iOS and Android)
6. Fixed: Okay, remember that ticket you got while you were eating brunch with your friends… even though you and all five of your pals were so sure you could park there? Well there’s an app to get you out of paying that. Fixed is an app that helps you contest parking tickets. So far, 50% of the tickets submitted to the app have been dismissed. Not too shabby if you ask us. (Free on iOS)
What parking apps help you save time and money? Tell us what solves your parking problems!