18 Outrageous PB&J-Inspired Recipes You Need in Your Life
Oh, peanut butter and jelly, everyone’s fave childhood throwback, how we love you! Our adult palates have moved on to include Nutella, Biscoff, and sophisticated nut butters, it’s true. But when comfort food cravings call, it’s PB&J we really hanker for. Luckily, these days our options go beyond the simple sammy. The classic combo is not just for lunch anymore. Here are 18 PB&J-inspired recipes you need to try, like, right now.
1. The Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie: When you’re craving something sweet, but don’t want to fall into a sugar coma, this smoothie hits the spot. It’s perfect for an after-the-gym treat or late night snack. (via Sun Diego Eats)
2. Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding: If you’re a true PB&J fan (and who isn’t?), you’ll fall in love with this healthy breakfast pudding. It’s real and it’s happening, so ready your breakfast spoons. (via Minimalist Baker)
3. Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola: Have you tasted the deliciousness that is Whole Foods PBJ granola? Yeah, this is just like that only, no *whole paycheck.* Home baking for the win! (via Averie Cooks)
5. Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats: Make-ahead oatmeal is a lifesaver on busy mornings. This protein-packed version just gets sweeter and creamier the longer it sits in the fridge. (via The Gourmet RD)
6. No-Bake PB&J Energy Bites: These tasty treats take just 15 minutes to prep and they keep well in the freezer. Make a double batch and you can take a few to the office daily for a little four o’clock pick-me-up. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins: You’re looking at a peanut butter muffin that’s been STUFFED with jelly. Remember back in the day when *snack* was a scheduled-in mealtime? Well, snack is back! (via A Cookie Named Desire)
9. PB&J Brownies: Talk about your food hybrids, this recipe combines TWO of everyone’s childhood faves — PB&J and brownies. Like a foodie time machine, just the smell of this recipe baking in the oven will transport you back. (via The Life Jolie)
10. Peanut Butter Cupcakes With Jelly Filling: Oh, em, gee — these peanut butter cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream are simply OOZING fruity jam. Prepare to meet your new food obsession! (via Gluten Free With L.B.)
11. Peanut Butter and Jelly Whoopie Pies: A plume of fluffy filling and ribbon of jam sandwiched between two sweet cookie-cakes — what’s not to love? It’s the PB&J sammy taken to a whole new level. (via Community Table)
15. Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie Sticks: Have you ever seen PB&J in such a cutie-patootie form? Whip up a batch of these and take them into the office, and you’ll be everyone’s BFF. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
16. Peanut Butter and Jelly Macarons: This macaron recipe calls for peanuts to supplement the usual almonds. That’s what gives them that genuine peanut-buttery flavor you want to have sandwiching your fave grape jelly. (via Tartelette)
18. Homemade Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups: These little bites call for just five ingredients and come together in 20 minutes. They make a delicious, healthy snack that’s easy to grab and go. (via Handmade Charlotte)
If you can’t get enough PB&J-inspired recipes, follow us on Pinterest for more.