6 Personality Quizzes That Will Reveal Your Dream Career
Finding a job that has everything you’re looking for isn’t quite as simple as the movies make it out to be. Whether you’re still deciding on a major in college or are looking for a midlife career change, there are so many ways that people suggest determining which career path is right for you that it can get a bit daunting. From researching entry-level salary reports to what you’re doing wrong on your resume, the learning really never ends. So if you don’t know exactly what you want to do yet, no biggie. These six personality tests will give you all the information you need to narrow down your options in 10 minutes or less.
1. Which Hogwarts House Do You Belong In?: According to a study published in Personality and Individual Differences, your preferred Hogwarts house actually hints at your psychological personality. Although we can only assume this online test isn’t quite as accurate as the sorting hat, the quiz definitely separates the professional Quidditch seekers from the dragon trainers.
2. IIP RIASEC Markers: An alternative to Myers-Briggs, after grouping jobs into six categories (realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising and conventional), this test examines the different personality characteristics associated with each category. By rating your preferences on different job activities — from helping people with family-related problems to running a toy store — the test narrows down your interests and helps you figure out which broad career path to pursue.
3. Color Quiz: Based on the work of Dr. Max Lûscher, this test simply asks you to choose colors to reveal your true personality and your biggest challenges. It’s a great resource for answering those pesky questions about your strengths and weaknesses during job interviews.
4. Open Hemispheric Brain Dominance Scale: Although the biology behind the right-brain versus left-brain thinkers theory is completely bogus, some psychologists still use it to learn more about people’s perceived personalities. Are you more right-brained or left-brained? Take the quiz to find out where you should be focusing your LinkedIn searches.
5. The Birkham Method: Widely used by corporate companies, this test will give you insight into everything you’d ever want to know regarding your career, from areas of interest to strengths and needs. For more information about how to take the quiz, contact their experts here.
6. The Nerdy Personality Attributes Scale: Thinking about pursuing a career in the hard sciences? Just like it sounds, this test quantifies how nerdy you are by answering a series of 26 “agree or disagree” questions.
Which personality quiz did you find most accurate? Tweet us your answers by mentioning @BritandCo.
(Photo via Getty)