When you think about pickles, you may imagine them as ballpark hot dog toppings or a deli sandwich side. Past that, they might seem to max out their allure as a straight-out-the-jar snack. News flash — they’re so much more than that! They add a wonderful crunch to elegant appetizers, a tangy element to your main dishes and even a surprising bite to your cocktails (pickle martini, anyone?). Look past the standard burger relish and check out these 11 new ways to incorporate pickles into your everyday recipes.
1. Dill Pickle Bloody Mary: Right about now you’re wondering why you’ve never made your Bloody Marys with pickle juice before. It’s okay — just keep your bar cart stocked with dill pickle vodka from here on out and you can have them whenever you please. (via The Worktop)
2. Cheeseburger Soup: What do you do when you’re craving the comfort of soup but the flavors of a cheeseburger? Make cheeseburger soup! Topped with lots and lots of pickles, obvi. (via The Food Charlatan)
3. Dill Pickle Grilled Cheese: This may look like something that we would’ve craved as a kid, but with some fresh dill and a few high quality ingredients, it’s as gourmet as grilled cheeses come. (via BS in the Kitchen)
5. Fried Pickle Poppers: Everyone is familiar with a jalapeño popper, but these pickles that have been stuffed with creamy pub cheese and fried in a wonton wrapper are going to give them a run for their money. (via Host the Toast)
6. Dill Pickle Bread: If you assume this bread has a mild pickle flavor, think again. The dough replaces all of the water with pickle juice, adds a ton of dried dill AND a whole chopped dill pickle… it’s a pickle lover’s dream come to life. (via Gather for Bread)
9. Pickle-Brined French Fries: These tangy French fries are like dill pickle chips’ sexy big brother. Make sure to boil your pickle juice before pouring it over your potatoes so the liquid is better absorbed. (via Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice)
10. Roast Beef Pickle Bites: With just five ingredients that you more than likely have lingering in your fridge, you can whip up this crunchy pickle snack that everyone will love. (via Gather for Bread)
11. Russian Vinaigrette Salad: A little bit of extra effort goes a long way with this flavorful salad. It’s full of healthy root vegetables and cucumber pickles to satisfy your lunchtime cravings. Serve with a side of smoked salmon for an authentic feel. (via Art de Fête)
Want more fun with pickles? Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + creative recipes!