Red + Pink Gifts to Celebrate Love All Year Long
Move over, red and green: Christmas has long passed, and Valentine’s Day is now the name of the game. Since that calls for a rosy color palette, we’ve got 11 pieces of pink and red glory for you lovely ladies and gents. Ranging from stylish duds to pieces for your home, these red and pink beauties will keep you covered with, and surrounded by, the colors of love well past February.
2. In the Bag Earrings Mini by Knotty Gal ($60): These earrings are the definition of pretty in pink. They add just the right amount of color too; you can toss them on to complement an already colorful outfit, or use them to add just a touch of pink to a neutral ensemble.
3. Listen to Vinyl T-Shirt by Studio Nico ($30): Give Spotify a break and bust out the vinyl for your February 14 shindig. This tee will give you all the motivation you need to take your tunes to the next level.
4. Red Happi Hat by Printed Village ($18): Baby, it’s cold outside — but your ears won’t be if you’ve got this pretty hat covering them. The bold red and black hues will bring some mod attitude to your sweet Valentine’s look.
5. Travel Flask and Shot Glasses by Flasking.com ($39): This one is for cocktail lovers on the go! The ruby beauty is particularly perfect if your romantic plans include the outdoors — just toss it in a pack and hit the road.
6. They Cross Clutch by Yellow Wallpaper ($45): Color blocking and a touch of expressionism make appearances in this bold clutch. If a LBD is on the roster for your Valentine’s Day outfit, this clutch will add just the right amount of edge to take it from boring to ballin’.
7. Red Hairspray by DIY Essentials ($2): Colored hairspray is no longer just for Halloween, thanks to this red version. Try spraying some on your tips for a pretty (and non-permanent!) dye job.
8. Flashing Cocktail Shaker Found by B+C ($15): Whether you’re staying in for Valentine’s Day or are having a cocktail at home before you head out to dinner with your beau or gal pals, this flashing shaker is just what you need to shake and pour your yummy concoctions.
9. Camp Nail Polish by Habit ($18): This coral pink hue has just a touch of shimmer and is completely vegan, cruelty-free and sans a bunch of other junky chemicals normally found in nail polishes, so you can feel good about glamming up your digits.
10. Big Red Balloon Print by Honey and Bloom ($35): While you might not have 99 balloons, you can have one with this red balloon print. If you’ve got little ones, it’s practically made for a playroom or nursery.
11. Abstract Splash Pink Pillow by Bonnie and Neil ($30): If you’ve gotta get a Valentine’s Day gift for your boo but you’re not really a chocolate and flowers kinda person, try gifting this beautiful pink pillow. It has romantic hues, but will look awesome in your home for years to come.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.