This Home Decor Color Trend Will Rule in 2016, According to Pinterest
Alright, we wouldn’t call it cheating, but there’s a new color combo on the scene, and it’s seriously giving the pantone colors of the year a run for their money. After all, who better to call the shots on what colors we should be pinning than Pinterest? That’s right, the Pinterest colors of the year are finally out, and while their picks — from men’s fashion to beauty — are positively swoon-worthy, it’s their palette selection for home decor that really caught our eye: presenting the new dynamic duo that is mauve and gray! After a long, bleak winter season, restyle your home the modern way with this cool, calm color combo. We’ve rounded up our fave inspo to find the perfect way to incorporate mauve and gray into your thoughtfully styled pad.
1. Mauve Bedding: Okay, we’re definitely digging this minimalist, no-bedframe look. Copy the style using a pale shade of mauve against a chalkboard coat of gray for super chill vibes. (via At Home in Love)
2. Mauve Wall: A statement wall can make a world of difference. Incorporate a bold color by painting just one wall a bright shade of mauve (think Big’s single red wall in Sex and the City). (via Desire to Inspire)
3. Shabby Chic: Usually, the words “shabby chic” don’t conjure visions of modern spaces… until now! Elevate that boho charm with a super sleek shade of gray. Bonus points for fresh florals on the nightstand. (via An Angel at My Table)
4. Gray Cabinets: Forget what you know about gray being a typically “blah” color. This light smokey shade brightens up any living space, especially when paired with luxe gold accents. (via Martha Stewart)
5. Mauve Accents: Not ready to invest too heavily in one color palette? Mix things up by adding more subtle touches of mauve and gray throughout your living space, for a refreshing change that won’t break the bank. (via Homedit)
6. Mixing Textures: Add some dimension to your mauve-decorated room by mixing different textiles. Textures like faux fur and satin in just a couple shades add an eclectic feel without going overboard. (via Decoholic)
7. Mauve Cabinets: Give your kitchen that Mad Men touch. Pair a vibrant shade of mauve with mid-century modern furniture, giving your home a retro-chic aesthetic. (via House & Home)
8. Gray Sofa: A small space can feel roomier by subtly dividing your color scheme. This cool hack adds the illusion of depth to cramped quarters. (via Horton & Co. Design)
How will you incorporate Pinterest’s home decor palette into your living space? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful home decor inspo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)