There are two types of people: those who have their shopping lists checked off right after Black Friday and those who are still scrambling to pick up their final few gifts seconds before stores close for the holidays. If you’re the latter (*raises hand*), you still have enough time — not much, but enough— to grab some gifts that are more thoughtful than whatever is within arm’s reach at the gas station convenience store on the way home to your parents’ house. Here are 12 last-minute stocking stuffer ideas that are so fun and useful that everyone will be begging you to be their Secret Santa next year. Bonus: They’re all under $25.
1. OXO Good Grips 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer ($10): This is a kitchen gadget that will really give them something to guac about. This three-in-one tool splits, pits, and slices avocados in no time flat, giving you yet another excuse (as if you needed one) to eat more avocado toast from the comfort of your own home.
2. Air Wick® V.I.Poo ($6): If you’re visiting extended family members or your significant other’s parents and you need to be the ultimate houseguest, embarrassing bathroom situations can literally stink up your holiday. V.I.Poo is a handy little toilet spray you use before you do your business in the bathroom, trapping odors where they belong — in the bowl. It comes in four lovely fragrances: lavender, lemon, rosy, and fruity. Go ahead and gift it to anyone who needs to make a good impression or have a good laugh; they’ll be able to eat that second slice of Great Aunt Edna’s infamous fruitcake stress-free.
3. Ban.do I Am Very Busy Mug ($14): Here’s a little something that’s perfect for people who are too busy to tell people they’re busy. One flash of this thermal travel mug will let everyone know that you are not here to waste time. It holds up to 16 ounces of whatever liquid you need to fuel your day, be it coffee or something a little more potent.
4. Vickeylla Corgi Mini Purse ($11): There are few things in life that are universally guaranteed to brighten your day, and one of those happens to be a fluffy, round, corgi butt. Keep one with you at all times with this adorable mini purse, a little booty that can hold onto your booty (ahem, we mean coins and keys). If you really can’t get enough floof, there’s also a matching neck pillow.
5. Selric Washable Mop Slippers ($12): For those of you who are excellent multi-taskers or just lazy clean freaks, these slipps are made for you. Strap on a pair of these comfy chenille slippers, and keep dust bunnies at bay simply by walking around your house. They’re also machine washable, have replaceable soles, and absorb liquids. So don’t cry over spilled milk; just move your feet over it.
6. Berrisom Animal Mask Set ($15): This moisturizing facial mask menagerie will keep your skin bright (each one has a different treatment, including red ginseng and collagen) and your abs tight (we dare you to keep a straight face when you see yourself in panda or tiger form). One Amazon review calls these “adorably horrifying,” which sounds like a fun girls’ night in waiting to happen.
7. Color Me Swoon: The Beefcake Activity Book for Good Color-Inners As well As Beginners ($14): This coloring book puts all your favorite heartthrobs — including Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, and Brad Pitt — literally right at your fingertips. You may want to grab a personal copy in case you’re not willing to part with these legit, swoon-worthy pages.
8. Qiaya Rechargeable Ring Light ($16): Help out a budding Instagram influencer or Youtuber with something to make them shine. In capturing the perfect pose, Kim Kardashian West has been quoted saying, “Lighting is everything,” and who are we to argue with the selfie queen herself? This compact-sized light for your phone has three different settings: makeup, selfie, and dark scenery — although the real gift is clearly all the double-taps they’re bound to get.
9. Carry On Cocktail Kit:The Champagne Cocktail ($24): There’s never a bad time for bubbles, and that applies even when you’re on-the-go. Make any road trip (if you’re the passenger, natch) or flight more bearable with this carry on cocktail kit, which includes elderflower syrup, a jigger, a bar spoon, a linen coaster, and a recipe card. Alcohol isn’t included, but that just means you can get as bad and boujee as you want.
10. Fixed Gear Bike Pizza Slicer ($21): For the hipster pizza lover in your life, this fixed gear bike slicer combines the best of all worlds. Two metal cutting bicycle wheels will glide through that pie easier than a bike messenger weaving through a busy city street.
11. Pinch Provisions Holiday Party Kit ($24): ‘Tis the season for holiday parties, and this little kit will be anyone’s main wingman (or woman). Complete with a mini comb, bobby pins, an electrolyte tablet, breath drops, double-sided tape strips, shoe insoles, and more, this travel-size kit will make sure you always show up with your best foot (and face) forward.
12. 2018 Sloth Calendar by Lucy Cooke ($15): Let’s face it: No one loves sloths more than Kristen Bell. But if you or a pal are a close second, this sloth-filled calendar will bring some serious chill to your lives next year. The stars of this spread have names like Madonna and Beyoncé and were captured by Lucy Cooke, AKA “the Steven Spielberg of sloth filmmaking.”
Are you still last-minute holiday shopping? Share your picks with us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.