8 Products to Stop Stretch Marks Stat
There are some beauty issues only women understand. From worrying about wrinkles to experimental treatments for flawless skin, women go through A LOT when it comes to skincare. The struggle is, indeed, real. Over the last few weeks, we’ve received many requests (especially from expectant mothers) to tackle one of the most universal issues that affect our beauty routines — stretch marks. You know it’s a problem when even Chrissy Teigen has admitted to worrying about them. But we’re here to tell you that this is one less issue you should agonize over. Thanks to some amazing products with nourishing extracts, stretch marks don’t have to be part of your reality. Want to tackle them now? Scroll down for the best creams and oils to help keep those unwanted streaks at bay.
1. Art Naturals Stretch Mark & Scar Cream ($18): Infused with aloe vera and vitamins E and B5, this rich cream also employs coco and shea butters to heal stretched skin. The organic formula means no harsh chemicals, so it’s totally safe to use during or post pregnancy, when many women are worried about stretching. Not to mention, both the green tea extract and grapeseed oil will strengthen and firm skin to stop streaks from forming.
2. Clarins Stretch Mark Minimizer ($54): This cream boasts some seriously unique and rare ingredients for smoother-looking skin. Extracts of crowberry, a natural anti-inflammatory berry from cold-weather regions, and centella, a healing plant that’s known to soothe and comfort, work together to make skin stay supple and bounce back when stretch marks occur.
3. CeraVe Intensive Stretch Marks Cream ($13): Seeing streaks along your stomach or thighs? Try this super-serious remedy packed with ingredients that minimize the lines. Ceramides help maintain and restore the skin’s natural protective barrier and work hand in hand with hyaluronic acid and moisturizing argan oil for soft skin. The genius technology means no worrying about constantly reapplying, since it continuously moisturizes for a full 24 hours.
4. SheaMoisture Mommy Stretch Mark Body Butter ($13): Stretch marks get worse when your skin is dry, so for best prevention, a rich moisturizer is a must. This one has organic raw shea butter, which keeps skin elastic while it stretches, and passiflora extract, a super emollient packed with vitamin C that forms a protective layer on skin, locking in the moisture.
5. Mustela Stretch Marks Prevention Oil ($31): Sometimes you feel like a cream, sometimes an oil. When you’re jonesing for the latter, this non-greasy, fast-absorbing pick does the trick. The soothing blend infuses pomegranate, avocado, musk rose and baobab to nourish and improve elasticity. This formula also incorporates lupeol, an ingredient from lupine seeds, to help skin stay firm during stretching.
6. Mumsie Maternal Skin Care Stretch Mark Relief Cream ($15): Stretch marks are the result of tiny tears in the dermis, AKA the deep layers of skin, and those lines on the surface are the skin’s reaction to them. This shea butter and avocado oil-based cream has darutoside extract, a botanical that’s proven to promote collagen, rebuild those torn layers and improve skin’s elasticity, so that scars on the surface are barely noticeable.
7. The Honest Company Organic Belly Balm ($15): One of the most nagging side effects of stretch marks is the constant itch due to irritated skin. This vegetarian formula has a blend of five oils that nourish dry skin, and calendula, which soothes away that annoying, itchy feeling.
8. Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil ($7): This solution is as easy as opening your pantry. Thanks to its saturated fats (which are super moisturizing) and healing properties, coconut oil can be a major player in your stretch-mark care.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.