8 Products to Stop Stretch Marks Stat
There are some beauty issues only women understand. From worrying about wrinkles to experimental treatments for flawless skin, women go through A LOT when it comes to skincare. The struggle is, indeed, real. Over the last few weeks, we’ve received many requests (especially from expectant mothers) to tackle one of the most universal issues that affect our beauty routines — stretch marks. You know it’s a problem when even Chrissy Teigen has admitted to worrying about them. But we’re here to tell you that this is one less issue you should agonize over. Thanks to some amazing products with nourishing extracts, stretch marks don’t have to be part of your reality. Want to tackle them now? Scroll down for the best creams and oils to help keep those unwanted streaks at bay.
1. Art Naturals Stretch Mark & Scar Cream ($18): Infused with aloe vera and vitamins E and B5, this rich cream also employs coco and shea butters to heal stretched skin. The organic formula means no harsh chemicals, so it’s totally safe to use during or post pregnancy, when many women are worried about stretching. Not to mention, both the green tea extract and grapeseed oil will strengthen and firm skin to stop streaks from forming.
2. Clarins Stretch Mark Minimizer ($54): This cream boasts some seriously unique and rare ingredients for smoother-looking skin. Extracts of crowberry, a natural anti-inflammatory berry from cold-weather regions, and centella, a healing plant that’s known to soothe and comfort, work together to make skin stay supple and bounce back when stretch marks occur.
3. CeraVe Intensive Stretch Marks Cream ($13): Seeing streaks along your stomach or thighs? Try this super-serious remedy packed with ingredients that minimize the lines. Ceramides help maintain and restore the skin’s natural protective barrier and work hand in hand with hyaluronic acid and moisturizing argan oil for soft skin. The genius technology means no worrying about constantly reapplying, since it continuously moisturizes for a full 24 hours.
4. SheaMoisture Mommy Stretch Mark Body Butter ($13): Stretch marks get worse when your skin is dry, so for best prevention, a rich moisturizer is a must. This one has organic raw shea butter, which keeps skin elastic while it stretches, and passiflora extract, a super emollient packed with vitamin C that forms a protective layer on skin, locking in the moisture.
5. Mustela Stretch Marks Prevention Oil ($31): Sometimes you feel like a cream, sometimes an oil. When you’re jonesing for the latter, this non-greasy, fast-absorbing pick does the trick. The soothing blend infuses pomegranate, avocado, musk rose and baobab to nourish and improve elasticity. This formula also incorporates lupeol, an ingredient from lupine seeds, to help skin stay firm during stretching.
6. Mumsie Maternal Skin Care Stretch Mark Relief Cream ($15): Stretch marks are the result of tiny tears in the dermis, AKA the deep layers of skin, and those lines on the surface are the skin’s reaction to them. This shea butter and avocado oil-based cream has darutoside extract, a botanical that’s proven to promote collagen, rebuild those torn layers and improve skin’s elasticity, so that scars on the surface are barely noticeable.
7. The Honest Company Organic Belly Balm ($15): One of the most nagging side effects of stretch marks is the constant itch due to irritated skin. This vegetarian formula has a blend of five oils that nourish dry skin, and calendula, which soothes away that annoying, itchy feeling.
8. Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil ($7): This solution is as easy as opening your pantry. Thanks to its saturated fats (which are super moisturizing) and healing properties, coconut oil can be a major player in your stretch-mark care.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.