8 Products to Stop Stretch Marks Stat
There are some beauty issues only women understand. From worrying about wrinkles to experimental treatments for flawless skin, women go through A LOT when it comes to skincare. The struggle is, indeed, real. Over the last few weeks, we’ve received many requests (especially from expectant mothers) to tackle one of the most universal issues that affect our beauty routines — stretch marks. You know it’s a problem when even Chrissy Teigen has admitted to worrying about them. But we’re here to tell you that this is one less issue you should agonize over. Thanks to some amazing products with nourishing extracts, stretch marks don’t have to be part of your reality. Want to tackle them now? Scroll down for the best creams and oils to help keep those unwanted streaks at bay.
1. Art Naturals Stretch Mark & Scar Cream ($18): Infused with aloe vera and vitamins E and B5, this rich cream also employs coco and shea butters to heal stretched skin. The organic formula means no harsh chemicals, so it’s totally safe to use during or post pregnancy, when many women are worried about stretching. Not to mention, both the green tea extract and grapeseed oil will strengthen and firm skin to stop streaks from forming.
2. Clarins Stretch Mark Minimizer ($54): This cream boasts some seriously unique and rare ingredients for smoother-looking skin. Extracts of crowberry, a natural anti-inflammatory berry from cold-weather regions, and centella, a healing plant that’s known to soothe and comfort, work together to make skin stay supple and bounce back when stretch marks occur.
3. CeraVe Intensive Stretch Marks Cream ($13): Seeing streaks along your stomach or thighs? Try this super-serious remedy packed with ingredients that minimize the lines. Ceramides help maintain and restore the skin’s natural protective barrier and work hand in hand with hyaluronic acid and moisturizing argan oil for soft skin. The genius technology means no worrying about constantly reapplying, since it continuously moisturizes for a full 24 hours.
4. SheaMoisture Mommy Stretch Mark Body Butter ($13): Stretch marks get worse when your skin is dry, so for best prevention, a rich moisturizer is a must. This one has organic raw shea butter, which keeps skin elastic while it stretches, and passiflora extract, a super emollient packed with vitamin C that forms a protective layer on skin, locking in the moisture.
5. Mustela Stretch Marks Prevention Oil ($31): Sometimes you feel like a cream, sometimes an oil. When you’re jonesing for the latter, this non-greasy, fast-absorbing pick does the trick. The soothing blend infuses pomegranate, avocado, musk rose and baobab to nourish and improve elasticity. This formula also incorporates lupeol, an ingredient from lupine seeds, to help skin stay firm during stretching.
6. Mumsie Maternal Skin Care Stretch Mark Relief Cream ($15): Stretch marks are the result of tiny tears in the dermis, AKA the deep layers of skin, and those lines on the surface are the skin’s reaction to them. This shea butter and avocado oil-based cream has darutoside extract, a botanical that’s proven to promote collagen, rebuild those torn layers and improve skin’s elasticity, so that scars on the surface are barely noticeable.
7. The Honest Company Organic Belly Balm ($15): One of the most nagging side effects of stretch marks is the constant itch due to irritated skin. This vegetarian formula has a blend of five oils that nourish dry skin, and calendula, which soothes away that annoying, itchy feeling.
8. Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil ($7): This solution is as easy as opening your pantry. Thanks to its saturated fats (which are super moisturizing) and healing properties, coconut oil can be a major player in your stretch-mark care.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.