If there’s one thing we can count on every summer, it’s this: Whether you’re dancing in a field wearing a flower crown or cozying up to a book on the beach, you’re gonna be outside. It’s a given that you’ll be keeping an eagle eye on your skin (you applied your homemade sunscreen, right?), but what about your hair? Your strands get fried from all that UV exposure too, guaranteeing that, come labor day, you’ve got more frizz, color fading, dryness and breakage than you know what to do with. A hat will be your best protection, but IRL you’re not gonna wear one everywhere you go. To keep those tresses looking fresh and Insta-worthy, we scouted out the latest shampoos, conditioners and styling products designed to protect and revive. Scroll down for these summer hair savers to start using now.
1. Terax Original Crema Moisturizing Daily Conditioner ($24): This cult classic wins the trifecta for all hair types, keeping frizz, tangles and breakage from taking over. Thanks to a high PH level, the everyday conditioner opens the hair cuticle so the moisturizing and softening ingredients can penetrate more deeply.
2. Alterna Haircare Bamboo Beach Summer Sun Recovery Spray ($22): Overdosed on too much sand, salt spray or chlorine? Shake up this bi-phase formula and spritz it in; the Tahitian coconut and bamboo extract strengthen and condition stressed-out tresses. Be sure to apply each time you head outdoors, since it’s loaded with UVA/UVB filters to protect your color.
3. Briogeo Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Quinoa Frizz Control Gel ($20): Rice amino and quinoa may sound like the perfect midday snack, but this organic formula is a curly-haired girl’s dream. It seals the cuticle to lock out frizz and keep curls looking smooth, all while building up strands with healthy ingredients that protect from everyday damage.
4. Pantene Pro-V Damage Detox Daily Revitalizing Shampoo ($5): A cleanse for your hair? You bet — especially for hair that’s been exposed to sun, sand, wind and chlorine. This shampoo lathers away impurities, smells minty fresh and deposits antioxidants to reboot a dull, dried-out mane.
5. Renpure Coconut Creme Deep Treatment Masque ($9): A weekly mask will get your strands back into their pre-summer, healthy shape. This rich coconut oil formula smells like a piña colada and transforms your hair from rough and damaged to silky and smooth.
6. John Frieda Colour Refreshing Gloss ($12): While you’re soaking up the sun, your hair color is suffering from a bad case of the blahs, looking dull, faded and brassy. This gloss (shades range from cool to warm tones) is your hair’s quick pick-me-up. Apply it once a week after your conditioner to restore shine, boost a fading hue and give you that fresh-outta-the-chair vibrant look again.
7. Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil ($20): You know it’s gonna happen: The minute the humidity rises, that frazzled, wayward frizz is going to invade your smooth and sleek style. This formula is perfect for getting to the root of the problem; the buildable moringa and jojoba oil blend contains a patented hair molecule that blocks frizz and stays put, even when the heat turns up.
Want more product recs? Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo + ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.