18 Sweet and Savory Recipes to Use Up That Box of Puff Pastry
It’s happened to the best of us. You use one sheet of puff pastry to make pigs in a blanket, and the other one is left to either dry out in the fridge or get freezer burn — RIP. That’s no way to handle the flaky dough that’s treated you to so many delicious Danishes and croissants. You need to get your money’s worth, which is why we’ve rounded up 18 recipes for you to try. They’re sweet, they’re savory and, most importantly, puff pastry is a key component in each. Scroll down to learn more!
1. Pepperoni Pizza Rolls: We think we’ve found the best way to serve ‘za as an app, and it begins with puff pastry. (via Brit + Co)
1. BBQ Chicken Puff Pastry Pizza: If you can make a pizza on French bread, then you can certainly make it on puff pastry. Load it up with your favorite BBQ chicken toppings and it’s ready in 30 minutes. (via Everyday Dishes)
2. Chicken Pot Pie: It doesn’t get more comforting than this comfort food staple. Switch the standard pie dough for a lattice puff pastry crust and experience the flakiest savory pie you’ve ever had. (via Live Dan 330)
4. Easy Twisted Pumpkin Spice Danish: You won’t believe how easy it is to make coffee shop-worthy Danish in no time. Plus, you get to eat them while they’re fresh and hot instead of warmed up from after sitting in a display case. (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Parmesan Puff Stars: If you have kiddos around, they’ll have a blast cutting star shapes out of puff pastry. Toss the finished product in tomato soup to add a crunchy texture contrast. (via Eatwell 101)
8. Puff Pastry Breakfast Pizza: Your overnight guests will love this hand-held breakfast pizza. Mix up a batch of mimosas to go along with it and you’ll be the hostess with the mostest for sure. (via The Life Jolie)
11. Easy Puff Pastry Nutella Twists: Prepare to have your world changed forever once you make these. Don’t worry — we won’t tell if you dip more than one into your morning coffee. (via Try Anything Once)
13. Salmon Wellington: You’re probably familiar with beef Wellington, but did you know you can do the same with salmon? The fish stays moist inside the pastry, and the two are perfectly cooked at the same time. (via Simply Home Cooked)
14. Simple Cherry Pastry Pies: If Toaster Strudels were your favorite as a kid, you will be all about these hand pies. You can fill them with whatever you like, but this cherry concoction is pretty bomb. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
15. Spinach Puff Pastry Rolls With Feta and Ricotta: This mix between Greek spanakopita and a Hot Pocket is a major lunch-time win. Your co-workers will be so envious, they may request one of their own. (via Picture the Recipe)
17. Cinnamon Sugar Apple Puff Pastry: When you’re nostalgic for Grandma’s apple pie, take 30 minutes to make this easy pastry. It’s sweet, spicy and best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. (via How Sweet It Is)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy kitchen hacks.