30 Low-Carb Dinner Recipes You Can Make in an Hour (or Less!)
Juggling a lot these day? If there's little time to cook a healthy dinner, we got you. Just set aside an hour max and you can have a balanced meal on the table or for leftover lunches all week. Here are low-carb dinners so good, you just might toss those delivery menus for good.
1. Whole30 In-N-Out Burger: You can indeed transform an In-N-Out Animal-Style burger into a Whole30 masterpiece, down to the low-sugar special sauce and crunchy lettuce wrap. Make the caramelized onions ahead of time to cut down on the total cook time. (via Brit + Co)
2. Spaghetti Squash Pasta: Make three different pasta sauces — basic tomato, arugula pesto, and lemon ricotta — and you'll be excited to eat spaghetti squash all week. (via Brit + Co)
Keto Ricotta Chicken Meatballs
3. Keto Ricotta Chicken Meatballs: Rich dark-meat chicken forms stellar meatballs with almond flour, heavy cream, and parmesan and ricotta cheeses. Serve them with roasted vegetables or your favorite low-carb pasta substitute. (via Brit + Co)
4. Keto Steak Cheese-Shell Tacos: The best part of this recipe (second to the crispy cheddar taco shells, of course) is the leftover taco-seasoned steak, which you can use for salads, wraps, and other lunches. (via Brit + Co)
5. Sheet-Pan Shrimp Fajitas: Garlicky marinated shrimp need just 8 minutes in the oven to form a hearty accompaniment to roasted peppers and onions, riced cauliflower, and any low-carb ingredient under the sun. (via Brit + Co)
6. Blackened Chicken and Avocado Salad: This Pinterest-popular salad gained fame for many reasons, but the tender 20-minute chicken on top might be the most compelling. (recipe via North South Blonde; photo via Brit + Co)
7. Baked Almond-Crusted Cod: Skip typical chicken breast in favor of heart-healthy cod, crusted with almonds and parmesan and served with a lemony yogurt sauce. (via Brit + Co)
8. Crispy Chicken Thighs With Honey-Lemon Pan Sauce: No part of flavorful chicken thighs goes to waste in this single-skillet dish, which makes a pan sauce from leftover chicken juices, butter, garlic, honey, and lemon juice. (via Brit + Co)
9. Paleo Instant-Pot Orange Chicken: You can make this healthy orange chicken faster than you could grab it from Panda Express. The diet-friendly version employs coconut sugar and orange zest to replicate the classic's citrusy sweetness, while arrowroot powder maintains the signature crispy crust. (via Brit + Co)
10. Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus: When you're craving garlic bread, whip up this insanely cheesy side instead. It gives you both a dose of greens and a ton of garlicky flavor. (via Cafe Delites; photo via Brit + Co)
11. Ketotarian Alfredo Zoodles: This creamy zoodle dish, laden with a dairy-free macadamia-nut “alfredo" sauce, proves that a keto-vegetarian diet is both possible and delicious. (via Brit + Co)
12. Pan-Seared Dover Sole With Buttery Caper Sauce: Use this pan-searing technique for your favorite lean fish, such as tilapia or striped bass. When a quick pan sauce of butter, capers, lemon juice, garlic, and fresh herbs is involved, you can't go wrong. (via Brit + Co)
13. Paleo Shepherd's Pie: Don't let the cauliflower-mash topping make you skeptical. This healthier take on a classic pie remains just as comforting with hearty ground beef and tender veggies, flavored with onion, cumin, coriander, and red pepper. (via Brit + Co)
14. Keto Cauliflower Rice Bowl: Make these customizable “rice" bowls when you need to clear your fridge of odds and ends like leftover meat, vegetables, and condiments. (via Brit + Co)
15. Instant-Pot Chicken Cacciatore With Zucchini Noodles: Drift away to the Italian countryside with this vibrant dish of mushrooms, tomatoes, and herbs. (via The Whole30 Slow Cooker; photo via Ghazalle Badiozamani)
16. Keto Ramen Zoodles: Swapping traditional noodles for zucchini noodles allows you to enjoy richly flavored ramen, crispy pork belly, jammy egg, and all, without the bloat. (via Brit + Co)
17. Mini Cloud-Bread Pepperoni Pizzas: Cloud bread, a miracle mixture of baked eggs, cheese, and cream of tartar, satisfies the carby cravings of keto dieters everywhere. We like it best topped with pizza sauce, more cheese, and plenty of pepperoni. (via Brit + Co)
19. Halibut en Papillote With Lemon, Mushrooms, and Toasted Sesame Oil: This healthy fish dish fills your kitchen with the aromas of ginger and toasted sesame oil — and it even makes halibut taste glamorous. (via The Clean Plate: Eat, Reset, Heal; photo via Ditte Isager)
20. Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprouts: When you need a bowl of mac and cheese, this bacon-y Brussels sprouts in a thick cheese sauce will curb cravings. (via Brit + Co)
21. Instant-Pot Chinese Sesame Chicken: Eat this versatile chicken with a side of veggies for dinner, and simply reheat the next day for a salad or lettuce wrap. (via The Whole30 Slow Cooker; photo via Ghazalle Badiozamani)
22. Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins: Easy egg breakfast for dinner? We say, yass please. (via Brit + Co)
23. Keto Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs: It's amazing how far a little almond meal and zucchini can go in place of bread and… well, more bread. This recipe is quick, low-carb, and oh-so-filling for the weeknight dinner win.
24. Smashed Brussels Sprouts: Get your share of delicious veggies smothered mozzarella and parmesan and achieve ketosis without the lingering hunger. (via Brit + Co)
25. Lemon Miso Spring Green Soup: For a very healthy reset opt for a veggie-packed soup. This spring medley is as delicious as it is nutritious, quick, and low in carbs. (via Brit + Co)
26. Keto Cheese Ball: Eating for one? This recipe is the perfect answer to a light dinner that's as good (or better) as a baked potato. (via Brit + Co)
27. Brown-Butter Salmon with Capers and Tomatoes: Simple, clean, and SO tasty! Opt for quick sautéed wild salmon with just a few basic ingredients and enjoy BIG time flavor. (via Brit + Co)
28. Bang Bang Cauliflower: Who needs potatoes when cauli will do the trick instead! This straightforward dish works great for dinner or as a side dish — you choose. (via Brit + Co)
29. Whole30 Instant Pot "Baked" Potato Soup Recipe: Creamy comfort soup at it's finest, this Whole30-approved recipe is actually made with cashews and nutritional yeast instead of dairy! That's a double diet win! (via Brit + Co)
30. Winter Greens & Citrus Salad: A crunchy salad is an ideal dinner when you just need a light meal. This colorful recipe features a tahini-ginger dressing that's totally bomb dot com. (via Brit + Co)
Find more amazing recipes check out Brit + Co's Food page.
This article has been updated from a previous post published in June 2019.
- Low-Carb Chicken Dinner Recipes That Will Sate Your Hunger - Brit ... ›
- Cauliflower Power: Low Carb Mini Quiche Cups - Brit + Co ›
- Let's Celebrate! 16 Low-Carb Cakes to Bake Now - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Decadent Dessert Recipes You'd Never Guess Were Low-Carb ... ›
- 18 Low-Carb Recipes to Grill Up This Summer - Brit + Co ›
- 10 Low-Carb Sandwiches to Pack for Lunch This Week - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Satisfying Low-Carb Lunch Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Low-Carb Snacks to Beat the Afternoon Slump - Brit + Co ›
- 16 Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Stuffed Zucchini Boat Recipes - Brit + ... ›
- Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes That Anyone Can Make - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Keto Dinner Recipes That Will Make Your Life *Way* Easier - Brit + Co ›
- 35 Budget-Friendly Meal Ideas - Brit + Co ›
- 30 Clean-Eating Recipes You Can Make in 30 Mins or Less - Brit + Co ›
- 30 Clean-Eating Recipes You Can Make in 30 Mins or Less - Brit + Co ›
- 14 *Garlicky* Good Dinner Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Easy Diabetic-Friendly Recipes to Try This Summer - Brit + Co ›
- The Best Juice Recipe for Every Zodiac Sign - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Quick and Easy Keto Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Quick and Easy Keto Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 30 Quick, Easy, and Healthy Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Recipes to Help You Detox for Spring - Brit + Co ›
- 29 Healthy Spring Recipe Ideas - Brit + Co ›
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.