15 Rad Radish Recipes to Help You Celebrate Spring
While spring-favorite radishes have a crunchy bite that’s delicious with a simple sprinkle of salt or smear of fresh butter, it turns out they’re surprisingly versatile. You can serve them on fancy toast, use them to add crunch to your favorite salsa recipe, or roast some to make a side dish for your next vegan dinner party. Take a look at these 15 recipes and you’ll soon be adding radishes to all your meals.
1. Root Veggie and Roast Beef Sandwich: Roast beef sandwiches always hit the spot. But to up the ante, this one includes a selection of crispy, seasoned root vegetables and cauliflower, along with creamy fresh mozzarella, so each bite is bursting with flavor. (via Who’s Afraid of Butter)
2. Lentil Cabbage Tacos: Soft lentils and creamy chipotle aioli make for a great taco on their own. Swap the tortilla for a crispy cabbage leaf and garnish with pickled radishes, and you’ve got a next-level meal. (via Nutritional Foodie)
3. Indian Radish and Peanut Salad: Crisp, refreshing radishes are a wonderful counterpoint to rich, spicy dishes. Add some peanuts and a warm lemon dressing for a salad that’s delicious on its own or served alongside a hearty entree. (via Cook’s Hideout)
4. Grilled Chicken, Bacon, and Radishes: Cooked radishes get delightfully sweet, downplaying the peppery bitterness they have when raw. Combine with juicy grilled chicken thighs and smokey bacon for a low-carb meal that’s satisfyingly full of flavor. (via My PCOS Kitchen)
5. Radish and Tangerine Quinoa Salad: This salad boasts roasted sweet potatoes, fresh radishes, and zesty-sweet tangerines with quinoa and lettuce for a healthy dish that works well as an entree or side. (via Jar of Lemons)
6. Baked Radish Chips: If you aren’t sure you like radishes yet, *this* is the dish for you. A quick trip in the oven and a sprinkle of salt turns them into a crispy, craveable snack. (via A Zesty Bite)
8. Fennel and Gigante Beans Salad: Gigante beans have a meaty texture that makes them a great addition to this hearty salad. Toss the beans with some thinly sliced hearts of palm, radishes, and fennel, then finish with a simple Meyer lemon vinaigrette. (via Mango Tomato)
10. Farro Salad With Tomatoes, Radish, and Herbs: Grain salads are a great way to add some extra nutrition to your diet, but sometimes the grains can get soggy after being mixed with the vegetables. Not so with hearty farro — it can stand up to juicy veggies, so you can enjoy your salad the next day just as much as you did the night before. (via Inside the Rustic Kitchen)
11. Roasted Radishes With Citrus Vinaigrette and Breadcrumbs: Plain radishes get the star treatment in this dish, thanks to a high-heat roast. Once slightly softened and sweet, they’re tossed with a tangy citrus vinaigrette, and then topped with breadcrumbs for crunch. (via Work Cook Eat)
12. Grilled Radishes With Brown Butter, Thyme, and Sea Salt: Grilled radishes take on a smokey flavor that goes great with the richness of browned butter and thyme. (via Recipe Runner)
Check out more ideas for using spring produce on our Pinterest page.