What to Make This Weekend: Rainbow Donuts, Glitter Tray + More
We don’t know about you, but we’re getting *way* too excited about all the colorful holidays heading our way in March. Between green everything for St. Patrick’s Day and pastel shades for Easter, we’re more than ready to trade out gray skies for something a little brighter. Luckily, we’ve got an extra day in February — so there’s still plenty of time to start sprucing up your space with plastic flamingos, cool coat racks and calligraphy wall art. You could even get a jump start on spring cleaning. Check out these 12 awesome weekend projects below and get crafting!
1. DIY Sharpie Watercolor Planter: Before you completely give up on your dream of a lush, plant-covered cubicle, make sure you’re picking out the right kind of plant. Check out the awesome list of low-light plants Maddie put together, and then plop your new baby into a spring-inspired watercolor planter. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Mini Face Storage Boxes: You’ve probably heard that plants make you more productive, but these adorable faces might have the same effect. At the very least, they’ll offer you some companionship while you slave away at your desk. Perk up a plain old pencil cup or a planter with a giant nose and a killer cat eye. (via Make and Tell)
3. DIY Glitter Tray: “I think I have enough glitter in my home,” said no one ever. Take your decor game to the next level by setting up this glittery number on your coffee table or desk, or just fill it with your nail polish collection. It doesn’t really matter where you put it — it’ll look great either way. (via Studio DIY)
4. DIY St. Patrick’s Day Donuts: While you may have mixed feelings regarding green beer, no one can place hate on the other part of St. Patty’s day: the rainbow. Layer on the sprinkles and add puffy clouds of coconut to halves of donuts, and start the day off right. Are you feeling lucky yet? (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Painted Basket: The love of color-dipped everything goes deep, but it’s especially lovely when you can mix function and beauty. As the days get warmer and the itch to clean gets stronger, make sure you have a couple of these gorg baskets ready to take on the force of your spring cleaning frenzy. (via Burkatron)
6. DIY Mini Coloring Book: Coloring books are cool, but a coloring book that you made yourself? That’s pretty awesome. Fold one 8 1/2 x 11-inch sheet of paper into eight sections, and draw a few sketches of things you’re loving right now. Scan it so you can make more for friends, and then staple the whole thing together. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Abstract Face Pillow: Apparently anatomy is cool again, because we’ve been seeing everything from eye prints to pots with faces and catch-all dishes shaped liked hands. Give your couch a modern-art makeover with this Picasso-inspired abstract face print, and turn your living room into an artistic masterpiece. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. DIY Flamingo Wall Hooks: First step: Decapitate a plastic flamingo. Don’t worry, the rest of the DIY isn’t so brutal, and the end result is soooooo cute. We knew there was a better place for those plastic birds than on the front lawn. (via Aww, Sam)
9. DIY Wedding Table Decor: Wedding decor can get… expensive. If you’re trying to come up with some creative ways to save on decor, you can’t go wrong with a DIY dessert table. Luckily, we’ve got three different themes you can choose from. You could also mix and match a little bit from all three. Either way, it’ll cost you around $75 and will be a total hit on Instagram. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Geometric Headboard: How motivated are you feeling this weekend? Hopefully really motivated, because this wooden headboard is the coolest. Grab a few sheets of white coated plywood and a friend with power tools, and you’ll have the prettiest headboard on the block in no time. (via I Spy DIY)
11. DIY Gold Bar Lucite Tray: Acrylic is really easy to work with, and it comes in lots of colors – always a huge win. Add four gold handles, and you’ve got the perfect tray to corral everything on your desk or nightstand. (via Lovely Indeed)
12. DIY Calligraphy Aspirations: Get your favorite quotes off Pinterest and onto your walls with this fun wall art DIY. Practice your hand lettering or get inspired with our Brush Calligraphy Online Class that gives you the tools to make your own custom sayings. (via Brit + Co)
What weekend projects are you pinning and making this weekend? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative ideas.