Curl Up in These 11 Cozy Reading Nooks
We're pretty sure there's nothing better than sitting down to read a good book. But, what about reading that book while curled up in a comfy little nook with a cup of coffee and enough throw pillows to disappear into? Umm, yeah. We definitely wouldn't be mad at that situation. If you have a closet you don't need or a weird corner you don't know how to decorate, turn that space into a personal sanctuary where you can snuggle up under a cozy blanket and take some time for yourself. So go ahead, grab your beverage of choice and get ready to virtually curl up in these 19 oh-so-inviting reading nooks.
1. Retro Colors: Make a little window seat in your guest room or kid’s room and then go crazy with colors and fabrics. (via House of Turquoise)
2. Awkward Corners: If you have a weird corner in your house that you don’t know what to do with, why not turn it into a tiny refuge with a comfy chair and a tiny table to set your books on? Whatever you do, don’t forget to include the succulents. (via Apartment Therapy)
3. Just Hanging: Adding extra seating near your nook makes it the perfect place for the kids to hang. It might become just as popular as (if not more than) the living room (via Refinery 29)
4. Pretty in Pink: An oversized pink chair is a feminine focal point in this monochromatic space. (via Houzz)
5. Pillow Heaven: Being surrounded by pillows with a warm cup of tea in hand sounds just about perfect. (via The Fashion Medley)
6. Scandinavian Inspired: If you don't need the hall closet, why not turn it into a reading nook? You can still get the same amount of storage by putting drawers or shelves underneath the seat. (via The Lettered Cottage)
7. Decorate Your Space: This is your own personal sanctuary, so decorate it accordingly with flowers and art that you l-o-v-e. (via Laurie Frankel/Martha Stewart)
8. Warm Tones: Create a cozy cocoon with good lighting and warm colors to forget about the world. If you want a rustic look, use materials like wood, snow-white walls, wool, sheep skins and organic shapes. (via The Style Files)
9. Solitary Seat: A reading nook doesn't have to be an actual nook. A hanging chair is a fun way to add a seat to the room without taking up valuable floor space. (via Oh Happy Day)
10. Hang Curtains: If you want some extra privacy or want the option to hide your secret nook, hang some light curtains. (via Lonny)
11. Layer Up: In our opinion, the more pillows and blankets, the better. The princess and the pea won't have anything on you and your layers of coziness.
Would you use a reading nook? Tell us on Insta!
This post has been updated.