How’s that Memorial Day hangover treating you? Just about over it? With the holiday weekend (and oh-so-many poolside cocktails) behind us, let’s take a quick break from the boozy mischief and instead opt for some good old-fashioned R&R. Once you’ve finished binge watching all of the old episodes of Orange Is the New Black, grab those crafting supplies and go ahead and get making. From a fun new Lego printing technique to custom neon art, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Reupholstered Chairs: Who would have guessed that this chair was a $3 thrift store find? Don’t be intimidated by reupholstering; all you need is a staple gun and screwdriver – and some adorable fabric. (via Brit + Co)
2. Emoji Tee: Bring your favorite emojis into the real world with some scissors and transfer paper. Not into wearing it? Try this technique on a canvas bag for a tote-ally gawk-worthy accessory. (via Alma Camponesa)
3. Makeup Remover Wipes: Skip the pricey and artificial drugstore finds. You can make the same thing at home with all-natural ingredients. All you need is hot water, coconut oil, a tiny bit of face wash, witch hazel and a couple of essential oils. (via Brit + Co)
6. Custom Neon Art: To demonstrate the idea, this blogger created a fun neon cactus, but really you could create any shape you want using this technique. All you need is copper wire and electroluminescent wire (EL wire). (via Shrimp Salad Circus)
8. Reese Witherspoon’s Tote Bag: With the recent launch of Reese Witherspoon’s e-commerce site Draper James came the rise and immediate sell-out of her $155 “Totes Y’all” bag. It is definitely cute, but don’t bother adding your name to the waitlist. Here’s how to make a copycat version for a fraction of the price. (via Brit + Co)
9. Pom Pom Rug: Looking for a fun + easy way to spruce the kiddo’s bathroom? Get them to help you create this super colorful rug. If you’re into this idea for your own home but this version is a little too bright for you, simply limit your grown-up edition to four or five colors. (via Hello Wonderful)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.