10 Beauty Products You Need for the Most Relaxing Bath Ever
June 14 marks International Bath Day, meaning it’s officially important to score a little bit of “me” time with a relaxing soak. “Baths truly are game changers and can offer great healing qualities for both the mind and body with proper planning,” says Amanda Clabaugh, treatments manager at The Lodge at Woodloch in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania. But don’t just fill a tub and hop in: Check out these 10 products you need for ultimate relaxation.
1. Avon Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil ($27): It’s a classic for a reason. The jojoba-boosted oil moisturizes the most parched skin. And for days when a bath isn’t in your schedule, it can be used in the shower too.
2. Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief Eucalyptus & Spearmint Body Scrub ($17): Let the scent of eucalyptus clear your mind of any stressors, while spearmint works to refresh your vibes.
3. Wayfair Bath Pillow ($36): If you want to truly relax, lean into a bath pillow like this bead-filled option.
4. DIY Poultice and Herbal Bath Soak: Allow an herbal poultice to take your bath to new levels of chill. “The aroma is extremely relaxing and the healing qualities of the herbs make for an amazing bath experience,” says Clabaugh. DIY your own with the recipe from The Lodge at Woodloch’s cookbook, Nurture With Nature.
Place 1/2 cup coarse sea salt or Epsom salt, one tablespoon dried lavender flower, one teaspoon dried valerian root, one tablespoon dried thyme, and one tablespoon dried orange peel into a muslin bag. Tie it off, and let it soak in the bath. Each poultice should last for a few baths, and can be stored in the freezer to keep the herbs fresh. (Photo via The Lodge at Woodloch)
5. Rituals… The Ritual of Dao Bath Foam ($19): Create the ultimate experience in the tub with this soft bath foam. White lotus, a fragrance known for its calming effects, is noticeable without overpowering.
6. SipCaddy Clear Bathwine Holder ($14): What’s more chill than settling into a sudsy tub with a glass of your favorite vino? This handy suction-cup holder latches right onto the wall of your bath, ensuring that your glass is always within reach.
7. Dr. Teal’s Ultra Moisturizing Bath Bombs ($5): Epsom salt gets a trendy upgrade with these new bombs that contain almond oil, jojoba oil, and sunflower oil to soften skin.
8. Artnaturals Bluetooth Oil Diffuser ($59): This three-in-one device is an absolute must-have if you want to create an at-home spa experience. Not only does this model create a cool atmosphere thanks to changing light colors, but it diffuses your favorite essential oils evenly around the room so you can breathe them in. Did we mention that the Bluetooth-enabled device lets you play music? Yep, that’s right. Queue up that tranquil playlist on Spotify and start de-stressing.
9. Fresh Sugar Lemon Sugarbath ($39): If your skin needs some extra love, look to these cubes that include brown sugar to boost the skin’s natural healing process.
10. LAFCO Chamomile Lavender Candle ($65): What’s more bath time goals than a deliciously scented candle? Start yours strong with the soothing, fragrant candle featuring notes of chamomile and lavender.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.