20 Repurposed Sweater Projects You’ll Actually Want to Make
Oh, the sweater. It’s an item that is so often repurposed into strange felt animals, confusing capes, and other oddities. But, sweaters happen to be pretty darn versatile in the world of DIY, especially in the winter months. So, we took it upon ourselves to dig deep into the depths of the web to find the best of the best. Presenting 20 repurposed sweater projects that you’ll actually want to make!
5. Cardigan Pendant Lampshade: Technically this is not a DIY but a product you can buy, but don’t you think you could totally turn a sweater into this shade? Build it around an existing shade to stay fire safe. (via Land of Nod)
7. Sweater Patch Blanket: If you’ve got a serious surplus of sweaters, this blanket is a beautiful project to make. And if you only have a few, we recommend thrifting it up to supplement your sweater collection. (via Freshly Found)
13. Wool Stockings: Christmas is gonna be here before you know it. Do you have enough stockings for all the newbies in the family? These are available for sale on Etsy but seem like they’d be pretty simple to make as well. (via Prairie Path Wool)
15. Leg Warmers: More leg warmers? Is this the ’80s or something? But for real, we love these ones for throwing on to keep your legs warm en route to a cocktail party. Simply take ’em off and stash in your purse once you get to the party. (via A Beautiful Mess)
16. Coffee and Tea Cozies: Of course we created our own take on cozies as well. You can actually use sleeves to make a whole bunch, or stitch any piece of sweater together. We added Velcro Brand tape to ours to make it adjustable. (via Brit + Co.)
Have you ever repurposed a sweater into something new? Tell us about it in the comments below.