Say “I Do” to These 15 Ribbon Backdrops
When planning a wedding, there are a million and one things to decide. And when it comes to picking backdrops for your big event, sometimes that just takes a backseat to the bigger stuff. We’re taking the work out of the backdrop decision making process for you, and are sharing our 15 of our favorite options made of beautiful ribbon. Whether you’ll be using it at the altar, as a part of the ceremony or simply for fun and fabulous photos, we know you’ll find one to love.
2. Colorful Ribbon and Fabric: This bright backdrop comes from a “Colorful Glitter Unicorn” wedding (no, we’re not making this up). That might not be your theme exactly, but that backdrop is totally to-die-for. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
3. Rustic Ribbons: Tall, layered ribbons are a great way to soften the light from a window at your ceremony site. And they look downright gorgeous paired with some paper lanterns, too. (via Bobbi + Mike)
4. Ribbon Altar: This couple opted to display their pastel ribbons on a gorgeous frame of branches for their altar. We love the idea of mixing in rustic, earthy elements with trendier, brighter colors. (via Elizabeth Anne Designs)
5. Bold + Bright: In keeping with the theme of this wedding, the bride and groom chose bold and bright colored ribbons to frame their ceremony site. And what a gorgeous display it makes! (via Wedding Chicks)
6. Alternative Aisle and Altar: We definitely just died and went to ribbon backdrop heaven. From the upside down aisle decor to the bold backdrop for the altar, we’re swooning for sure. (via The Bold Bride)
7. Pretty in Pink: Mixing ribbons of different shades of pink makes for a feminine, delicate scene. And if you’re able to catch the light just right, it’ll put a whimsical glow on all of your pictures. (via Style Me Pretty)
9. “Girls” Flower Arch: If you watch the show “Girls” on HBO, then you remember the epic ribbon and flower arch from Jessa’s boho wedding. In just eight simple steps, you can recreate the same unique piece for your altar. (via A Practical Wedding)
10. Ribbon Gazebo: If you’re lucky enough to have a gazebo or pergola to work with as your altar, hanging multicolored ribbons from the top should be a cinch. We think this adds some great color to an otherwise neutral landscape. (via Style Me Pretty)
12. Romantic Layered Ribbons: This stunning, layered ribbon backdrop fit the couple’s “Romantic Bali” wedding theme perfectly. And the candles lighting the aisle make us feel like we’re escaping to a retreat at this ceremony. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
13. Coordinated Ribbons: Don’t think that pink ribbon backdrops or altars mean that your wedding has to be entirely coordinated in shades of rose. This couple opted for ribbons that match the colors they chose, so their photo in front of it looks totally coordinated. (via Style Me Pretty)
14. Colorful Canopy: So much color! So many ribbons! We can’t help but fall in love with these colorful strands draped over the top and on the sides of this handcrafted altar. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
Which of these ribbon-filled backdrops is your favorite? Tell us how you’re incorporating ribbons into your wedding in the comments below!