Road trip! There once was a time when those words meant throwing a change of clothes in a bag, grabbing a lipgloss, and going. But now you’ve got onesies, diapers, wipes, rash cream, teeny tiny nail clippers, blankies, binkies, and all kinds of other things to bring. Don’t stress. You’ve got this. Vacations are supposed to be enjoyable, and your newborn won’t change that. If anything, your baby will make the trip even better. Here are eight products that can make the ride a little easier.
1. Portable Changing Station ($18): You know what those rest stop bathrooms look like. And you’re not about to put your precious little angel onto the goo and gunk-covered public changing table. This portable changing station provides the perfect barrier for your baby’s bottom. It has to “wings” that unfold for storing wipes, lotions, creams, or anything else you’ll need. It also folds up into a completely convenient clutch that you can attach to the stroller when you get to your destination.
2. Brica Firefly Baby-In-Sight Car Mirror ($35): No one wants baby to get bored during the long, long car drive. And that’s where this handy little device comes into play. Between the mirror, lights, and sounds, this car toy will entertain baby for… well, for possibly the entire trip. The best part is, you can control the sights and sounds with a remote from the front seat. That means you won’t have to climb into the back mid-drive just to make adjustments.
3. Dreft Multi-Surface All-Purpose Gentle Cleaning Wipes ($10): Spit-up happens. It just does. So do diaper leaks, spills, and other in-the-car messes. Instead of toting along rolls of paper towels and bottles of cleaners, these low-smell, gentle wipes make roadside clean-ups easy.
4. Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Infant Stim Mobile To Go Travel Toy ($12): You put pattern play into motion at home (to stimulate baby’s senses, of course). Now you can take it on the road with this easy to install travel toy.
5. myBaby Soundspa On-the-Go ($13): If the sound of the open road doesn’t exactly lull your baby to sleep, this might. With four different soothing sounds (heartbeat, white noise, ocean, and lullaby) and an auto shut-off timer, this “soundspa” can calm a fussy baby and make the car trip bearable.
6. Travel Portable Bassinet Diaper Bag ($60): You need a diaper bag for your car trip vacation. Right? You also need a place to change baby and somewhere for your little one to nap during rest stops (not in the car, of course). This awesome idea is a 3-in-1 that will totally revolutionize the way you travel with baby.
7. Babyganics Fragrance-Free Face, Hand, and Baby Wipes ($21): Along with cleaning up the random messes in the car, you also need to clean the baby. While an on the road bath isn’t necessary (except in extreme situations), you may need to wipe your tiny tot’s hands or face. These non-allergenic wipes are easy on baby’s sensitive skin but still provide the clean that you all need.
8. Zoli On-the-Go Formula and Snack Dispenser ($15): Whether you strictly bottle feed, supplement, or need to hand out the snacks (if your kiddo is already eating solids and finger foods), this BPA and Phthalate-free snack dispenser is the easy answer to your car trip feeding challenges.
Where are you planning to go on your next car trip? Share your answer and tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)