Think Outside the Bouquet: 15 Rosy Recipes for V-Day
It’s time to shake up tradition this Valentine’s Day with something a little less basic than the usual dozen roses from the florist. Sure, you could go high tech and 3D print a bouquet, but we kiiinda did that last year. Why not choose something even sweeter than a box of chocolates? These 15 gorgeous rosy recipes are great alternatives to share with those near and dear. Each is a terrific option for anyone from the unconventional couple to singles (who says you can’t have your rose-scented cake and eat it too?) to those who just can’t get enough of their favorite flower.
1. Turkish Delight Cupcake: A sweet treat in the form of a Turkish delight awaits in the center of these cupcakes. And the swirl of rose-enhanced frosting on top brings all of the flavors together just right. (via Sweet 2 Eat Baking)
2. Rose, Orange Blossom + Pistachio Breakfast Parfait: What a pretty way to start the day. A splash of both rose and orange water scent the yogurt with a lovely floral aroma, while fruit, granola and rose petals add texture and flavor all their own. (via Beela Bakes)
4. Rose-Scented Pavlovas With Fresh Fruit and Candied Kumquats: A plume of rose-scented whipped cream complements the sweet-tart kumquats and raspberries atop this delicate cloud-like meringue. (via No Thyme to Waste)
11. Mango + Avocado Bliss Tart: Underneath the rose-like arrangement of sliced mango, you’ll find a creamy avocado-yogurt filling atop a nutty no-bake crust. You can enjoy the colorful array of playful flavors and textures for dessert or breakfast. (via Aphro Cuisine)
13. Flamed Strawberries: There’s something innately attractive about flambéed food and these strawberries are no exception… especially when a sprinkle of rose petals is added to the mix. (via Heinstirred)
14. Coconut Rice Pudding With Rosewater-Vanilla Superfood Sprinkles: Store-bought tubs of rice pudding have nothing on this glamorous homemade recipe. (via My Natural Kitchen)
Would you eschew tradition in favor of roses in edible (or drinkable) form? Share your favorite alternative V-Day ideas with us below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)