It’s time to shake up tradition this Valentine’s Day with something a little less basic than the usual dozen roses from the florist. Sure, you could go high tech and 3D print a bouquet , but we kiiinda did that last year. Why not choose something even sweeter than a box of chocolates? These 15 gorgeous rosy recipes are great alternatives to share with those near and dear. Each is a terrific option for anyone from the unconventional couple to singles (who says you can’t have your rose-scented cake and eat it too?) to those who just can’t get enough of their favorite flower .
1. Turkish Delight Cupcake : A sweet treat in the form of a Turkish delight awaits in the center of these cupcakes. And the swirl of rose-enhanced frosting on top brings all of the flavors together just right. (via Sweet 2 Eat Baking )
2. Rose, Orange Blossom + Pistachio Breakfast Parfait : What a pretty way to start the day. A splash of both rose and orange water scent the yogurt with a lovely floral aroma, while fruit, granola and rose petals add texture and flavor all their own. (via Beela Bakes )
4. Rose-Scented Pavlovas With Fresh Fruit and Candied Kumquats : A plume of rose-scented whipped cream complements the sweet-tart kumquats and raspberries atop this delicate cloud-like meringue. (via No Thyme to Waste )
11. Mango + Avocado Bliss Tart : Underneath the rose-like arrangement of sliced mango, you’ll find a creamy avocado-yogurt filling atop a nutty no-bake crust. You can enjoy the colorful array of playful flavors and textures for dessert or breakfast. (via Aphro Cuisine )
13. Flamed Strawberries : There’s something innately attractive about flambéed food and these strawberries are no exception… especially when a sprinkle of rose petals is added to the mix. (via Heinstirred )
14. Coconut Rice Pudding With Rosewater-Vanilla Superfood Sprinkles : Store-bought tubs of rice pudding have nothing on this glamorous homemade recipe. (via My Natural Kitchen )
Would you eschew tradition in favor of roses in edible (or drinkable) form? Share your favorite alternative V-Day ideas with us below.