7 Cool San Francisco Kickstarters to Throw Your Holiday Money At
You did it: You just about survived Christmas! Now that you’ve almost given out all of your prezzies and are totally prepped to cook the perfect turkey (with a gorgeous holiday tablescape to boot), you’re primed to sit back and actually get some R and R on your winter break.
1. The Rumpl Puffe: If you’re an outdoors gal, you’re going to want to put this cozy camping must on your wish list ASAP. The Rumpl Puffe is a portable battery-powered heated blanket that combines three companies that were all formed on Kickstarter. Not only can it keep you hella warm in freezing temperatures, but it also charges your phone and keeps you dry.
2. RS01 Integrated Reflective Shirt: Walking or biking in the dark is super dangerous for pedestrians and cyclists, but most reflective gear isn’t really suitable for working peeps (without a quick change in the bathroom, that is). That’s what makes this product so ingenious: It transitions from a well-cut office shirt in the daytime to reflective wear in the dark.
3. Stagg EKG: This electric pour-over kettle is just as smart as it is sleek. With simple functions for temperature and a gorgeous and practical design, it just might make you a pour-over convert for good.
4. Foldscope: With a mission to bring accurate and portable science equipment to all corners of the world, this globetrotting company created The Foldscope, a portable and versatile microscope made mostly out of paper. It has the magnification and resolution sufficient for imaging live individual cells and embryos. Plus, it can literally fit in your pocket for science on-the-go.
5. PATH Breath+Band: We understand that the wearable market is extremely crowded ATM, but this new option might actually convince you to ditch your Fitbit for good. PATH uses a two prong system to make the most out your wearable tracking. It uses both a band to track your active minutes and a breath device to measure your oxygen and Co2 levels to accurately predict your 24-hour metabolism per minute.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Kim Wu (@gethackpack) on
6. HACKPACK: Millennial commuters, get ready to have your socks BLOWN OFF. This chic bag quickly changes from a backpack or sling for your on-the-go commute to a more business-professional briefcase or messenger bag once you arrive. You really can have it all, lady!
7. SpoonBest: If you’re a whiz in the kitchen, you probably know the struggle of finding somewhere to put your kitchen tools (without creating a messy counter or extra dishes) all too well. This cool new innovation balances your cooking utensils mid-air, offering a no-mess cleanup that all chefs and newbie cookers will LOVE.
Are you currently backing any cool Kickstarters? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Foldscope)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)