You did it: You just about survived Christmas! Now that you’ve almost given out all of your prezzies and are totally prepped to cook the perfect turkey (with a gorgeous holiday tablescape to boot), you’re primed to sit back and actually get some R and R on your winter break.
But instead of mindlessly scrolling through Instagram to pass the time, we’ve thought of a better idea. Why not scroll through the week’s hottest crowdfunds and treat yourself to a “I survived the holidays” treat! This week, we’re highlighting innovators from techy San Francisco, so whether you’re a gadget geek or a life hacker, you’re sure to find the perfect splurge to spend on yourself with all that Christmas loot.
1. The Rumpl Puffe: If you’re an outdoors gal, you’re going to want to put this cozy camping must on your wish list ASAP. The Rumpl Puffe is a portable battery-powered heated blanket that combines three companies that were all formed on Kickstarter. Not only can it keep you hella warm in freezing temperatures, but it also charges your phone and keeps you dry.
2. RS01 Integrated Reflective Shirt: Walking or biking in the dark is super dangerous for pedestrians and cyclists, but most reflective gear isn’t really suitable for working peeps (without a quick change in the bathroom, that is). That’s what makes this product so ingenious: It transitions from a well-cut office shirt in the daytime to reflective wear in the dark.
3. Stagg EKG: This electric pour-over kettle is just as smart as it is sleek. With simple functions for temperature and a gorgeous and practical design, it just might make you a pour-over convert for good.
4. Foldscope: With a mission to bring accurate and portable science equipment to all corners of the world, this globetrotting company created The Foldscope, a portable and versatile microscope made mostly out of paper. It has the magnification and resolution sufficient for imaging live individual cells and embryos. Plus, it can literally fit in your pocket for science on-the-go.
5. PATH Breath+Band: We understand that the wearable market is extremely crowded ATM, but this new option might actually convince you to ditch your Fitbit for good. PATH uses a two prong system to make the most out your wearable tracking. It uses both a band to track your active minutes and a breath device to measure your oxygen and Co2 levels to accurately predict your 24-hour metabolism per minute.
6. HACKPACK: Millennial commuters, get ready to have your socks BLOWN OFF. This chic bag quickly changes from a backpack or sling for your on-the-go commute to a more business-professional briefcase or messenger bag once you arrive. You really can have it all, lady!
7. SpoonBest: If you’re a whiz in the kitchen, you probably know the struggle of finding somewhere to put your kitchen tools (without creating a messy counter or extra dishes) all too well. This cool new innovation balances your cooking utensils mid-air, offering a no-mess cleanup that all chefs and newbie cookers will LOVE.
Are you currently backing any cool Kickstarters? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Foldscope)