Guys, it’s official: Summer is coming to an abrupt end. The popsicles are still in the freezer, but the pumpkin spice latte release date is also very near. Why not welcome the shift in seasons with a new addition to your home or wardrobe (or both!)? Whether you’re in need of some wall decor or a new home for your fluffy pup, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Lap Desk: Headed back to school soon (or like, now)? Make this fun lap desk to make those study sessions a little more comfortable. (via Brit + Co)
2. Wall Weaving: We showed you how to do something like this a while back, but if you’ve already mastered out technique, here is how to take that wall hanging to the next level. (via The House That Lars Built)
3. DIY Crop Top: Summer may be coming to a close, but you definitely don’t have to put your crop top away until next year. Follow this pattern to make one for every day of the week. (via Brit + Co)
4. Herb Cutting Board: You’ll never have to go without fresh herbs again with this GENIUS cutting board that has herb plants embedded in it! (via The Merrythought)
5. Leather Cuff: Because homemade jewelry doesn’t have to look homemade. (via Brit + Co)
6. Homemade Diffusers: Forget the store-bought stuff. Combine essential oils to give your home a custom scent. (via Moral Fibers)
7. Emoji Dog Bed: If your pup has outgrown his bed, skip the expensive trip to the dog store and make him this fun bed instead. (via Studio DIY)
8. Two-Toned Tassels: Because two colors are always better than one. (via Damask Love)
9. Sand Art: Remember the sand art you used to pour into bottles? This is just like that but with a fun grown-up twist. (via Brit + Co)
10. Wrap Top: Did you fall in love with a men’s button-down at the thrift store that’s a little too big to rock as is? Grab your sewing machine and transform it into this gorgeous wrap top. (via Makery)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.