16 Inventive Ways to Organize Your Shoes
Don’t sweat it; we’re pretty obsessed with shoes too. They come in all different styles, colors, heights, and, best of all, they always fit. But if you’re facing a closet or entryway jam-packed with all of your pairs, then it’s time to admit that something needs to be done. Enough with missing a mate and digging in dark corners for your fave flip flops — we’ve rounded up the best and most functional ways to organize your shoes.
2. Whitmor Hanging Shoes Shelves ($10): We love building outfits in our closet at night before work to avoid a morning struggle, and this hanging shoe storage is a handy tool for doing so. When your shoes are hanging next to your favorite pieces in the closet, it’s like creating snapshots of different ensembles. There are even side pockets for your socks.
3. Seville Classics 3-Tier Iron Mesh Utility Shoe Rack ($25): This simple three-tier shoe rack is durable and holds up to nine pairs of shoes. It’s also stackable, so it can grow along with your shoe collection.
5. Container Store Clear Stackable Shoe Drawer ($9): If you’ve got extra space on closet shelves for shoe storage, these bins will keep your beloved shoes in tip-top shape. Because they are clear, you can organize what kind of shoe goes where.
6. ClosetMaid Shoe Station ($40): This might be the most beautifully organized closet on the planet. But with these shoe cubbies on Amazon Prime, yours can look just like it.
7. Madison Park Sasha Round Ottoman With Shoe Holder Insert ($120): You’re technically buying a two-in-one shoe organizer and an upholstered ottoman.
8. Prepac Shoe Cubby Shelf ($206): If you’re a shoes-off household, provide an easy place to store your and your guests’ shoes in your entryway with this cubby shelf. Just plop on down, remove your shoes, and tuck them away in a cubby.
9. Ziz Home Under the Bed Storage ($15): Don’t let your ever-growing shoe collection turn into clutter. If your closet is stacked full of seasonal footwear, store your off-season kicks under the bed.
10. Honey Can Do 24-Pocket Over-the-Door Shoe Organizer ($15): Maximize your closet space by using an over-the-door organizer made of sturdy polyester with durable clear pouches. It can also double for storing your small accessories.
11. ClosetMaid Cubicals Shoe Storage Bench ($107): Need a comfy place to sit when you take your shoes on and off? This cushioned bench will do the trick; plus, you can store your shoes in it.
12. Singaye Adjustable Entryway Storage Rack ($59): All you need is to assemble this carbon steel rack as you please to make this discreet organizer a part of your front hall.
13. West Elm Industrial Shoe Rack ($159): Use this sleek shoe rack and you won’t even mind having shoes on display in your entryway.
14. Yamazaki Adjustable Shoe Rack ($33): These compact racks can fit into any small space to keep shoes tucked away.
15. Container Store 8-Pair Shoe and Purse Organizer ($40): The roomy compartments of this simple organizer are great for both shoes and handbags.
16. Hammacher Schlemmer 25 Shoe Wood Table ($250): So fancy! We’ll feel like we just walked into Bloomie’s the next time we pick out our pair for the day.
Show us your organized shoe collection by tagging us on Instagram.
This post was originally published on August 17, 2014.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.