Don’t sweat it; we’re pretty obsessed with shoes too. They come in all different styles, colors, heights, and, best of all, they always fit. But if you’re facing a closet or entryway jam-packed with all of your pairs, then it’s time to admit that something needs to be done. Enough with missing a mate and digging in dark corners for your fave flip flops — we’ve rounded up 14 of the best and most functional ways to organize your shoes.
3. Wall Crates: One of the easiest ways to feel more organized is to get everything off of the floor. Paint some wooden crates to match the color scheme of your bedroom or entryway, and hang or stack them up to hold all of your gorgeous shoes. (via The Roomblr)
4. Rotating Shoe Rack ($475): So fancy! We’ll feel like we just walked into Bloomie’s the next time we pick out our pair for the day. Get a wooden version of this rotating rack for only $250 on Amazon.
6. ClosetMaid 12-Pair Shoe Organizer ($40): This might be the most beautifully organized closet on the planet. But with these shoe cubbies on Amazon Prime, yours can look just like it.
8. Bookshelf Storage: If you’re short on closet space but have a surplus of wall space, scope out an inexpensive bookshelf to display your prettiest pairs. We always find that when we can see our shoes clearly, we actually end up wearing them more often. (via The Glitter Guide)
9. Prepac Shoe Cubby Shelf ($122): If you’re a shoes-off household, provide an easy place to store your and your guests’ shoes in your entryway with this cubby shelf. Just plop on down, remove your shoes, and tuck them away in a cubby.
11. Ironland Colorful Shoe Boxes ($80): If you’ve got extra space on the closet floor or entryway floor for shoe storage, these colorful bins will keep your beloved shoes in tip-top shape. You can even use the colors of the bins for organizing what kind of shoe goes where.
12. Ziz Home Under the Bed Storage ($19): Don’t let your ever growing shoe collection turn into clutter. If your closet is stacked full of seasonal footwear, store your off-season kicks under the bed.
13. Whitmor Hanging Closet Storage ($13): We love building outfits in our closet at night before work to avoid a morning struggle, and this hanging shoe storage is a handy tool for doing so. When your shoes are hanging next to your favorite pieces in the closet, it’s like creating snapshots of different ensembles. There are even side pockets for your socks!
Show us your organized shoe collection by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.