25 Inventive Ways to Organize Your Shoes
Closets full of your many, many must-have pairs? Don’t sweat it — we’re obsessed with shoes too. But if you’re facing a closet or entryway jam-packed with all of your pairs, then it’s time to take action. Enough with missing a mate and digging in dark corners for your fave loafers; we’ve rounded up the best and most functional ways to organize your shoes.
2. Whitmor Hanging Shoes Shelves ($13): We love building outfits in our closet at night before work to avoid the morning struggle, and this hanging shoe storage is a handy tool to make it easier. When your shoes are hanging next to your favorite pieces in the closet, it’s like creating snapshots of different ensembles. There are even side pockets for your socks.
3. Seville Classics 3-Tier Iron Mesh Utility Shoe Rack ($30): This simple three-tier shoe rack holds up to nine pairs of shoes. It’s also stackable, so it can grow along with your shoe collection.
5. Container Store Clear Stackable Shoe Drawer ($9): If you’ve got extra space on closet shelves for shoe storage, these bins will keep your beloved shoes in tip-top shape — and because they are clear, you can see at a glance what you’re looking for.
6. ClosetMaid Shoe Station ($39): Get that “a place for everything and everything in its place” look with these shoe cubbies.
7. Madison Park Sasha Round Ottoman With Shoe Holder Insert ($127): Gotta love a two-in-one: This clever ottoman is seating and a shoe organizer, perfect for setting up that dream closet.
8. Prepac Shoe Cubby Shelf ($206): If you’re a shoes-off-at-the-door household, provide an easy place to store your and your guests’ shoes in your entryway with this cubby shelf.
9. Ziz Home Under the Bed Storage ($15): Don’t let your ever-growing collection turn into clutter. If your closet is stacked full of seasonal footwear, store your off-season kicks under the bed.
10. Honey Can Do 24-Pocket Over-the-Door Shoe Organizer ($11): Maximize your closet space by using an over-the-door organizer made of sturdy polyester with durable clear pouches. Bonus: It can also store your small accessories.
11. ClosetMaid Cubicals Shoe Storage Bench ($107): Need a comfy place to sit when you take your shoes on and off? This cushioned bench will do the trick — and you can tuck them away as soon as they’re off.
12. Singaye Adjustable Entryway Storage Rack ($51): Clean lines and tons of functionality make this rack a no-brainer.
13. West Elm Industrial Shoe Rack ($159): Use this sleek rack and you’ll never mind having shoes on display in your entryway.
14. Yamazaki Adjustable Shoe Rack ($25): This compact rack can fit into just about any small space to keep shoes tucked away.
15. Container Store 8-Pair Shoe and Purse Organizer ($40): The roomy compartments of this simple organizer are great for both shoes and handbags.
16. Hammacher Schlemmer 25 Shoe Wood Table ($250): So fancy! We’ll feel like we just walked into Bloomie’s the next time we pick out our pair for the day.
17. Stackable Bamboo Shoe Rack ($70): Whether you have shoes for every outfit or just the staples, you can stack as many of these racks as you need to accommodate your whole collection.
18. Valencia 2.0- 9-Shelf Shoe Closet with Full-Length Mirror ($236): The full-length mirror on the side of this closet makes trying on all your options a one-stop affair.
19. Yamazaki Tower 6-Tier Shoe Rack ($99): This could double as a bedside or entryway table, perfect for a candle and your keys.
20. Organizedlife Shoe Cabinet with Drawer Full Mirror ($241): With drawers that open out and tuck neatly back into place to make a large mirror, there is nowhere in the house this can’t go. Consider using the extra cabinets for books or blankets.
21. IKEA MAKAPÄR ($70): Ikea never fails when it comes to bringing us simple and functional storage in every room of the house. This discreet shoe organizer could also act as a television mount or daybed console.
22. Yamazaki Frame Adjustable Shoe Rack ($25): Stackable, versatile, affordable — this rack checks all the boxes.
23. West Elm Mid-Century Shoe Rack ($199): Coffee table or shoe rack? Either way, we are here for it.
24. West Elm 5-Tiered Shoe Rack ($100): This rack is super easy to move around the house. Take it from your bedroom to the entryway when you have people over for an easy storage solution.
25. Fine Fine Best Wall Mounted Shoe Rack ($11 for four): The opportunities with these mounts are endless. Wherever you tend to take your shoes off around the house you can stick one of these for easy storage.
Show us your organized shoe collection by tagging us on Instagram.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.