It’s time for a paint and wine night from the comfort of your home! Just grab your laptop, some painting supplies, and follow along as you get all the in-person workshop feels you were looking for. But how, you ask?
Well, not only will your instructor share all of her pro tips and techniques on how to paint a beautiful ocean landscape, but the class will have you learning along with four other beginner painters, too! Throughout the course, Megan will be helping the students with various painting techniques so that you can all come away with paintings you're proud of.
Take the class on your own (because you’re still learning with others!). Or better yet, invite some friends over to take the on-demand class together, and get ready to learn fun tricks for painting oceans with acrylic paints.
BY THE END OF THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Mix pastel colors to create your abstract ocean along with pretty wave effects.
- Paint a beautiful sky over your ocean (there’s an awesome trick for this!)
- Use various brush techniques to create details and textures to your ocean landscape.
STUDENT PERK: As an extra bonus, a student who enrolls in the class will get an exclusive course workbook that Megan helped create AND a bonus inspiration photo to use for practice!
Ready to up your painting skills? Enroll in our Acrylic Painting: Abstract Landscapes Workshop today!
GET ACCESS TO 8 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION: In this lesson, you’ll learn about your instructor, Megan, and what you’ll be learning in this acrylic painting class.
- SUPPLIES: Get a quick overview of all the supplies you'll need to complete this course.
- MIXING ACRYLIC PAINTS: Get your pastel paints out! In this lesson, you'll learn how to mix acrylic paints and create pretty shades and tones that you'll use for your ocean landscape.
- BRUSH TECHNIQUES OVERVIEW: In this lesson, you'll learn more about when you should use underpainting and overpainting techniques.
- PAINTING THE OCEAN: Now let's get painting! Megan will walk you through how to paint the ocean and waves in this lesson.
- PAINTING THE SKY + CLOUDS: Psst! There's a trick for this! In this lesson, you'll learn how to create a beautiful abstract sunset over your ocean.
- ADDING DETAILS TO THE OCEAN: Let's put on the finishing touches. Learn how to add in reflections, wave splashes, and a beach in this lesson.
- FINAL REMARKS: You did it! Now keep practicing your new acrylic painting skills to make all kinds of beautiful creations!
SUPPLIES FOR THIS CLASS:
- Pre-Stretched Canvas (8x10 is used in the class)
- Heavy Duty Watercolor Paper
- Acrylic Paints (at least 8 pastel colors)
- Paint Palette
- 3-5 Flat Brushes
- Cup With Water
- Wine! (Optional)
INCLUDED IN YOUR COURSE DOWNLOADS:
- The 10-page course workbook
- A practice photo for your final project
YOUR 10-PAGE WORKBOOK INCLUDES:
- A welcome note from your instructor Megan
- A supplies overview
- An overview of techniques in each lesson
- Final projects reference photos
About the Instructor
Megan Elizabeth of Art by Megan is an abstract painter and illustrator based out of NYC. Megan is inspired by travels, oceans and sunlight.