A FREE class paid for by our friends at Cotton!
Have you ever thought about becoming a creative freelancer but are so overwhelmed you never even start? There's just SO much to learn! If only there was someone willing to show you the ropes...
We understand your pain! That's why we've teamed up with Cotton to bring you our Beginner's Guide to Creative Freelancing online class.
Your instructor will be professional surface pattern designer and creative freelancer Elizabeth Olwen. She's going to walk you through everything you need to know to get started on your freelancing journey and share all the knowledge she's accumulated over 10 years of freelancing. You'll learn about topics such as marketing yourself, pricing your business, understanding contracts, and creating 'work systems.' You’re going to walk away from this class with the knowledge, confidence, and actionable steps to finally launch your freelance career!
YOU'LL LEARN HOW TO:
- Promote and market yourself as a creative freelancer.
- Understand different pricing structures and set the right rate.
- Demystify documents like creative briefs and contracts (so important!).
- Maintain productive “work systems” to effectively work with clients.
YOU'LL ALSO GET:
- A list of Elizabeth’s five key tasks to get self-promotion off the ground.
- The formula for putting together a simple yet effective elevator pitch.
- Elizabeth’s personal recommendations for additional creative freelancing resources.
- The confidence to start your creative freelance journey!
Now's the time to finally start pursuing your passion. Enroll in our FREE Beginner's Guide To Creative Freelancing online class today!
GET ACCESS TO 10 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION: Learn more about your instructor, Elizabeth, and what you’ll be learning in her class.
- MARKETING YOURSELF: In this lesson, you'll work on developing your marketing tools and a portfolio site. Elizabeth will also give you best practices for how to get your name out there.
- SETTING RATES: You'll learn how to set rates for your business in this lesson.
- CREATIVE BRIEFS + CONTRACTS: Elizabeth will cover how to draft client-facing creative briefs and contracts in this lesson.
- CLIENT INTERVIEWS: You'll get tips on how to stay calm and confident when presenting to clients in this lesson. The key is in the prep work.
- CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS: In this lesson, you'll how to maintain positive relationships with clients.
- WORK SESSIONS: Learn important skills like how to stay motivated and manage your time when working on projects.
- CREATIVE FEEDBACK: Sometimes you'll get difficult clients. Learn how to manage them and stay organized when going through creative feedback.
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT: Elizabeth will teach how to setup efficient system that will save you time in the long run.
- FINAL REMARKS: You've learned the skills! Now, in this final lesson, Elizabeth will share more tips on how to be a great creative freelancer.
All you need to take this class is your computer and the 18-page class workbook created by Elizabeth. This workbook includes:
- A Welcome Note From Elizabeth
- Developing A Logo, Business Card and an Online Portfolio
- Tasks To Help Spread The Word
- Setting Rates
- Creative Brief Checklist
- Contracts Checklist
- Creating Your Elevator Speech
- Creating Your Mantra
- Practicing Presenting Your Work
- Best Practices For Client Relationships
- Time Management For Working Sessions
- Tips for Staying Motivated
- Tips for Staying Organized
- Tips for Presenting Your Concepts
- Additional Resources
About the Instructor
Elizabeth Olwen is a successful Toronto-based surface designer, who has worked with clients like Target, Land of Nod, Nest, and Febreze. When she’s not collaborating on freelance projects, you can find Elizabeth helping others enjoy pattern design through various classes and events.