Join in on the action as your instructor, Sharisse, teaches a classroom of students the basics of brush lettering. This class will give you an in-person workshop feel, but from the comfort of your home!
In this workshop, you’ll learn brush lettering basics to create the beautiful lettering styling you’ve always wanted. You’ll also get an overview of color blending and how to add personal style to your letters with flourishes and embellishments.
AFTER TAKING THIS CLASS, YOU'LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Use a brush pen to create the basic strokes that are the building blocks of lettering
- Create unique, ombré designs using color blending techniques
- Add flourishes and embellishments to your designs that add character and style
Whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced letterer, this online workshop will teach you the brush pen lettering skills to create custom wall art, greeting cards, signage and more!
- Supplies Overview
- Let's Meet The Students
- Brush Pen Basics
- Brush Pen Strokes
- Letters + Words
- Color Blending
- Create The Final Project
- Final Thoughts
- Student Follow-Up
All you need to take this course are the supplies listed below and the 10-page class workbook prepared by Sharisse.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO TAKE THE CLASS
- Brush Pens
- Blending Palette (or Plastic Surface)
- Tracing Paper
- Grid Paper
- Washi Tape
CLASS WORKBOOK INCLUDES
- Basic Strokes Starter Guide
- Lowercase + Uppercase Alphabet Guide
- Practice Sheets
- How To Blend Colors
- Color Combination Examples
- Simple Embellishment Examples
- Final Project Mockup
About the Instructor
Sharisse is the brush calligrapher behind Pieces Calligraphy. When she’s not at her day job, you’ll find her creating, blogging or teaching about brush calligraphy. In fact, she hosts sold-out workshops throughout California and teaches lettering and calligraphy on her blog, Instagram, and YouTube as well. Sharisse lives in Sacramento, CA with her hubby and twin toddler boys.