Whether it’s the holidays, a birthday, or because you just want to eat cake, in our newest Cake Decorating online class we’ll have you baking, making, and cake-ing with the Sugar Monster herself, Ashley Holt!
Based in Brooklyn, Holt is a self-taught pastry chef and cake artist who left her previous career as a model to pursue her passion for artful dessert. Since shifting careers Holt has won TLC’s Next Great Baker, Food Network’s Chopped, The New York Cake Show, and placed second on Food Network’s Dessert Games and FYI’s Cake Fest. Suffice it to say, if you like baking shows, you’ve probably swooned over Holt’s tasty creations at some point.
In this tasty new take on Cake Decorating, Holt will show you how to put together a show-stopping cake, packed with color, texture, and custom decorations. Her tips and tricks will have you baking your own custom creation in no time!
BY THE END OF THIS CLASS, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to make a silky Swiss meringue buttercream.
- How to make eye-popping decorations with gum paste.
- How to stack a two-tier cake.
- How to make perfect dollops, drips, and gorgeous finishes.
STUDENT PERK Once you enroll in the class, you’ll also get an exclusive downloadable workbook with delicious recipes, a list of supplies you’ll need, and helpful tips, and tricks for conquering cake decorating.
Not sure if you’re ready to advance into cake decorating? No problem! Try our Cake Baking 101 class for basic making tips! Once you’re feeling confident, come back and up your skills with this Cake Decorating online class!
Get started today!
GET ACCESS TO 7 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- SWISS MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- FILLING & ASSEMBLY
- ICING TECHNIQUES
- CUSTOM DECORATIONS
- STACKING CAKE TIERS
- FINISHING TOUCHES
ALL YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS CLASS ARE:
- Baked Round Cakes (recipe in workbook)
- Buttercream or Swiss Meringue (recipe in workbook)
- White Chocolate Ganache (recipe in workbook)
- Cake Turntable
- Offset Spatulas (in a variety of sizes)
- Rubber Spatulas (in a variety of sizes)
- Metal Bench Scraper
- Medium and Small Bowls
- Large Serrated Knife
- Round Cookie Cutter Set
- Paring Knife
- Measuring Spoons
- Dowels or Bubble Tea Straws
- Cake Boards (to fit the size of your cake, approximately 6” or 8”)
- Cake Drum (approximately 12”)
- Gum Paste
- Xacto Knife
- Powdered Sugar Shaker
- Sanding Sugar (for cake board)
- Piping Gel
- Sugar Pearls or Variety of Sprinkles (for finishing touches)
- Piping Bags
- Small Star Tip (for dollops)
- Gold Highlighter
- Small Paint Brushes
- Gel Food Color (Ashley prefers Americolor)
- Chocolate Food Color (to tint ganache)
- Edible Art Paint (colors depending on your images)
- Everclear (or other high-proof grain alcohol)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Vinyl Gloves
- Kitchen Towels
THE WORKBOOK INCLUDE:
- A welcome note from Ashley
- Recipes! Ones you’ll find in the class, and a few bonus ones
- A list of supplies for each lesson
- How to create gum paste and fondant decorations
- Tips on prepping your cake canvas and using royal icing
- Quick frosting techniques