Rainbow lighting, anyone? Knowing the basics of photography is key to taking a good photo, but sometimes you want to do something a little different and add an extra element to your images.
In this class, you’ll learn how to create dreamy photo effects using ordinary objects. The effects are stunning but the process and techniques are approachable for all skill levels. Along the way, your instructor will provide pro photography tips on how to shoot in outdoor and indoor lighting. Finally, you’ll learn how to edit your photos using Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop to really fine tune your photos.
If you've been looking for new ways to create unique photos for your portfolio or just want to level up your Instagram game, this is the class for you!
AFTER TAKING THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Use everyday objects to add unique light effects to your photos.
- Set up and create rainbow, reflection, and other artistic effects.
- Dial in the right camera settings to pull off this type of photography.
- Make quick color edits to your photos in Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop.
STUDENT PERK: Your instructor, Lauren, is offering class students a pack of three Adobe Lightroom presets for just $1. You'll find the link in your class downloads.
Ready to get started? Enroll in our Creative Photography: Light Effects online class today and you’ll be on your way to creating gorgeous high-end photos! Check out some of Lauren’s work below.
GET ACCESS TO 9 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION Learn more about your instructor, Lauren, and what you’ll be learning in her class.
- SUPPLIES OVERVIEW In this lesson, Lauren will go over the supplies you'll need to complete her class.
- BASIC CAMERA SETTINGS Get a quick overview of basic camera settings and how to change it up if various lighting scenarios.
- EFFECT ONE: DIRECT LIGHT + SHADOWS Play around with highlights and shadows by using direct light and a kitchen colander.
- EFFECT TWO: RAINBOW LIGHTING Rainbow lighting anyone!? In this lesson, you'll learn how to use a prism to create this pretty light effect.
- EFFECT THREE: USING REFLECTIONS In this lesson, you'll work with outdoor light, plexiglass and confetti to create a reflections in your photos.
- PHOTO EDITING Now it's time to edit those dreamy photos! Lauren will show you how to make colors pop using Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop.
- SAVING THE FINAL PROJECT You did it! Now it’s time to save your project for both web and print.
- FINAL THOUGHTS You've learned the skills to create dreamy photos using three light effects. Now hear more tips and tricks from Lauren on how you can continue taking creative images.
All you need to take this course is a DSLR camera, a few easy-to-find items, and the 7-page class workbook prepared by Lauren.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO TAKE THE CLASS
- DSLR or Point + Shoot Camera
- Flash Light (Phone Light Works Too!)
- Adobe Lightroom or Adobe Photoshop (for Editing!)
THE CLASS WORKBOOK INCLUDES
- Welcome Message from Lauren
- List of Supplies
- Photography Terms
- Exporting Directions for Web
- Exporting Directions for Print
- Reference Images for Each Lighting Technique
About the Instructor
Lauren is a freelance photographer and graphic designer living in sunny Los Angeles. She works as a creative fashion, editorial, and fine arts photographer, while also hosting her own photography workshops. Using light and props creatively, Lauren forges a dream landscape for her subject matter.