Add a truly unique touch to your wedding by learning how to create your own wedding stationery from scratch! In this FREE design course, you’ll work with your instructor, Valerie McKeehan, to come up with design elements based on your personal style and create an entire wedding collection with Mixbook.
You’ll spend your time learning to design in the Procreate app on your iPad Pro and then creating and printing your wedding invitations on Mixbook. No design or creative experience required! Valerie will walk you through how to create hand drawn florals and lettering elements that you can use to design your wedding card collection. Then, you’ll upload your elements into the Mixbook editor to create your final project: A suite of wedding card designs that include an invitation, RSVP card, save the dates, and thank you cards.
STUDENTS WILL GET:
- A overview of the principles of design.
- A sketched invitation layout you can use as inspiration
- Steps on hand painting florals on your iPad Pro.
- Steps on how to hand letter with the Apple Pencil.
- An overview of how to use Mixbook’s editor tool to bring your designs together.
- 50% percent off the entire Wedding Card Collection on Mixbook.com.
Ready to create a wedding card collection that’s unique to you? Take our FREE design course in partnership with Mixbook today.
GET ACCESS TO 9 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION: Learn more about your instructor, Valerie, and what you can expect from the course.
- SUPPLIES: In this class, you'll cover the supplies you'll need to complete the class.
- A FIRST-TIME GUIDE TO PROCREATE: Learn all about the Procreate interface and the tools you'll be using to create your project.
- SKETCHING A LAYOUT IDEA: In this lesson, Valerie will teach you the principles of design as you start sketching your project.
- DRAWING THE ILLUSTRATED ELEMENTS: Follow along as you start drawing the illustrated elements of your design in Procreate.
- DRAWING THE LETTERED ELEMENTS: Now you'll learn how to add various lettering styles to your design in Procreate.
- DESIGNING IN INVITATION ON MIXBOOK: Learn how to put your invitation together by using the editor tool on on Mixbook.com
- DESIGNING THE REST OF THE SUITE: Using the elements you've already created, you'll finalize the rest of your wedding suite on Mixbook.com in this lesson.
- FINAL REMARKS: You've learned the skills! Now, take the principles you've learned in this course and apply them to all of your custom designs!
All you need to take this class are a are a few tech supplies and your course workbook (found in the class downloads):
- iPad Pro with the Procreate app downloaded
- Apple Pencil
- Computer (to upload to Mixbook)
About the Instructor
Valerie McKeehan is the Founder & Creative Director of lifestyle brand Lily & Val, that continues to be an expression of Val’s penchant for nostalgia and sentimentality, capturing the simple beauty of ordinary life. Memories of days well-spent or days long since past inform and inspire much of her work. Through her whimsical and iconic designs, she encourages others to live creatively, passionately and in tune with the simple pleasures of life from the ordinary to the extraordinary.