As a teen, did you spend countless hours flipping through fashion magazines, wishing you could draw the stylish threads you saw? Us too! Well, we’re about to make those fashion-drawing dreams a reality! We’ve teamed up with fashion illustrator, Danielle Meder, to show us all how to illustrate fashion figures, from street style to runway
In this class, you’ll learn how to draw fashion on the fly, arming you with the techniques you need to draw quick spontaneous sketches whenever inspiration strikes with your handy iPad. Danielle is all about fluid movements and helping her students find their own spin on this type of illustration. It’s not about achieving a perfectly accurate drawing — it’s about capturing movement, emotion, and your own sense of style.
Who is Danielle? Danielle is the talented illustrator and author of Draw Fashion Now: Techniques, Inspiration, and Ideas for Illustrating and Imagining Your Designs. She has traveled the world doing live sketches at runway shows for top designers. We’ve been crushin’ on her for a long time. Learn more about Danielle in our Creative Crushin’ series.
BY THE END OF THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Create the perfect proportions.
- Draw certain gestures so that your figure appears to be moving.
- Drop colors in to bring your sketches to life.
- Utilize negative space and contour lines to give your sketches attitude.
- Sketch a live model.
STUDENT PERK As an extra bonus, every student who enrolls in the class will get an exclusive course workbook filled with all of Danielle's tips and tricks that will have you sketching like a pro.
Start sketching today! Enroll in Digital Fashion Illustration Sketching: Street Style to Runway with Danielle Meder!
GET ACCESS TO 8 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION: Learn about your instructor, Danielle, and what you can expect from the course.
- SUPPLIES: Learn what you'll need to complete the class.
- HOW TO DRAW IN PROPORTION AND ADD DETAILS: Danielle shows you the tricks to drawing a balanced sketch.
- THREE STEPS FOR LIVE SKETCHING: Learn the three simple steps for a successful live sketch.
- ADDRESS THE NEGATIVE SPACE: In this lesson, Danielle shows you how to use negative space in your fashion sketching.
- DRAWING WITH A CONTOUR LINE: Danielle shows you how to master the contour line to add drama to your illustrations.
- DRAWING WITH A LIVE MODEL: In this lesson, Danielle shows you the techniques to sketching a model live on the runway.
- FINAL WORDS: You now have all the skills to start sketching your own fashion illustrations!
ALL YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS CLASS ARE:
- iPad or iPad Pro
- Apple Pencil or other iPad compatible styli
- FiftyThree app, or other sketchbook apps like Sketchbook by Autodesk and ProCreate
THE CLASS DOWNLOADS INCLUDES:
- Proportion templates of the human form
- Inspirational illustrations from Danielle
THE WORKBOOK INCLUDE:
- A welcome note from Danielle
- An intro to the Paper 53 drawing tools
- Tips and tricks for sketching live models