Kristin Berry Mastoras
Ready to moonlight as a legit portrait artist? One of our favorite instructors is back with a brand new class to level up your Adobe Illustrator Skills! Artist and designer Kristin Berry is here to teach you how to create your own digital portrait art using a photograph.
Not familiar with Kristin? We first fell for this talented artist after she taught us how to turn our cute cuddly fur babies into playful pieces of art with our Digital Pet Illustration Class.
In this Digital Illustration class, you’ll be surprised and delighted by how just a few simple steps can result in a custom piece of art. It’s such a great skill to learn for creating wedding invitations, holiday cards, birthday gifts, or wall art for your home. Plus, if you want to change the color of your shirt or add in a crazy color background, she’ll teach you how to do that too. There are endless ways you can customize your digital illustration, and this class will show you all the tips and tricks you need.
BY THE END OF THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Draw all the shapes of the face.
- Design the body of your portrait and create the perfect outfit.
- Add unique accessories to your portrait.
- Smooth out any gaps and imperfections in your design.
- Save and export your designs for social media or to be printed.
STUDENT PERK As an extra bonus, every student who enrolls in the class will get an exclusive course workbook that Kristin helped create.
Ready to make some fun illustrations? Enroll in Digital Illustration: Turn Your Photos Into Art today!
GET ACCESS TO 8 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION: Learn about your instructor, Danielle, and what you can expect from the course.
- SUPPLIES: Learn what you'll need to complete the class.
- HOW TO DRAW IN PROPORTION AND ADD DETAILS: Danielle shows you the tricks to drawing a balanced sketch.
- THREE STEPS FOR LIVE SKETCHING: Learn the three simple steps for a successful live sketch.
- ADDRESS THE NEGATIVE SPACE: In this lesson, Danielle shows you how to use negative space in your fashion sketching.
- DRAWING WITH A CONTOUR LINE: Danielle shows you how to master the contour line to add drama to your illustrations.
- DRAWING WITH A LIVE MODEL: n this lesson, Danielle shows you the techniques to sketching a model live on the runway.
- FINAL WORDS: You now have all the skills to start sketching your own fashion illustrations!
ALL YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS CLASS ARE:
- A computer installed with Adobe Illustrator
- A smartphone (to take a photo of yourself)
- A few photos you’d want to convert into digital illustrations
Don’t have Adobe Illustrator yet? You can download a free trial for 7 days HERE.
THE CLASS DOWNLOADS INCLUDE:
- An image file you can upload to Illustrator (for practice)
THE WORKBOOK INCLUDE:
- A welcome note from Kristin
- Helpful shortcuts when using Adobe Illustrator
- A reference photo for your final project
- Inspirational illustrations from Kirstin's Instagram account
About the Instructor
Kristin Berry Mastoras
Kristin is the owner, creative director, and CEO of Miss Design Berry, Inc. With a background in illustration and art direction, as well as building a million dollar Etsy store, Kristin now enjoys helping other business owners realize their own creative dreams through design tutorials and consulting.