Ready to learn the digitizing process and design techniques from a pro? The amazing Jenna Rainey is back for a second class, all about turning your hand drawn or painted creations into digital artwork.
In this course, you'll learn how to turn quick ink illustrations into versatile digital files that you can use as fun and colorful wallpapers for your desktop and phone. There might be a ton of digital wallpaper options out there, but there isn’t a design made by YOU. Yet!
AFTER TAKING THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Sketch fun and playful objects using a brush pen, a paintbrush, and black ink to use as part of a custom pattern.
- Upload your designs into Adobe Illustrator and live trace to create vector files.
- Use shortcuts in Adobe Illustrator to make designing in the program quick and easy.
- Use repeat patterns, rotations, and color theory to create an eye-catching composition.
- Size your designs so that you can seamlessly use them as a wallpaper for your desktop or phone.
You'll leave the class with two digital wallpapers to call your own. Plus, you'll get access to four additional designs that you can use for practice. Think of all the art prints, textiles, stationery and wallpaper you can create! So what are you waiting for? Enroll in our Digitize Artwork in Adobe Illustrator online class today.
Adobe Illustrator is a registered trademark of Adobe, Inc. Neither the class offered, the instructors presenting the materials, nor Brit + Co are in any way affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by Adobe, Inc.
GET ACCESS TO 9 LESSONS INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION: Learn more about your instructor, Jenna, and what you’ll be learning in her class.
- SUPPLIES: Jenna will go over the basic supplies you'll need to take her class.
- ILLUSTRATING WITH A BRUSH PEN: This lesson will cover the basics of using a brush pen to create cactus shapes that will be used as a pattern.
- ILLUSTRATING WITH INK + BRUSH: In this lesson, you'll learn how to use a brush and ink to paint citrus shapes that will be used as a pattern.
- VECTORIZING: Learn how to take your new illustrations and digitize them in Adobe Illustrator.
- DESIGNING YOUR PATTERN: In this lesson, Jenna will show you how to arrange, duplicate and scale your shapes to create a pattern.
- ADDING COLOR: Now that your pattern is laid out, Jenna will teach you the basics of color theory and how to add color to your patterns.
- FINALIZING + SAVING: Learn how to save your new patterns to use as a wallpaper on your phone or desktop computer.
- FINAL WORDS: You've learned the skills! Now hear more tips and tricks from Jenna on how you can continue designing more custom artwork.
All you need to take this course is your computer with Adobe Illustrator installed, a few supplies, and the 11-page class workbook prepared by Jenna.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO TAKE THE CLASS:
- Mechanical Pencil (or #2 Pencil)
- Round-Tip Paint Brush
- Black Ink
- Dual Brush Tombow Pen
- Lightweight Paper
THE CLASS WORKBOOK INCLUDES:
- A Welcome Message From Jenna
- Supplies List
- Dimensions Reference Guide
- A Color Wheel
- Final Design Examples (2)
- Extra Designs + Inspiration (4)
Don’t have Adobe Illustrator yet? Try Illustrator FREE for 7 days.
About the Instructor
Jenna is the founder, creative director, and lead illustrator behind Mon Voir. She started her small design agency out of a love for art that began when she was little. With a passion for originality, she strives to bring out the creativity in each student. On top of that, Jenna's unique work has been in countless publications, including Martha Stewart Weddings, The Knot, and more!