In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Stitch designs using advanced techniques
- Design flowers, leaves and branches with dimension and detail
- Create letters using negative space in your design
Get ready to customize your world with needle and thread! In this class, Kristen will teach you how to create a unique embroidered typography pattern from start to finish. With your new stitching skills, you’ll be able to add personalized touches to clothing, pillows, scarves and more!
Plus, you'll get two FREE patterns created by Kristen to help you get started!
GET STARTED WITH OUR NEW TARGET ACTIVITY KITSLearn the skills here and then head over to Target and grab our Embroider A Wall Hanging Activity Kit!
- Supplies Overview
- Practice Preparing The Hoop + Needle
- Basic Stitches
- Prepare The Hoop + Needle
- Stitch Dark Pink Flowers
- Stitch Pink + Blue Flowers
- Stitch Branches
- Final Details
- Finalize The Project
All you need to take this course are the supplies listed below and the class worksheets prepared by Kristen Gula that are available for download after purchase.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO TAKE THE CLASS:
- Wood Embroidery Hoop - 7 inches
- DMC Embroidery Thread - Number 3804
- DMC Embroidery Thread - Number 957
- DMC Embroidery Thread - Number 700
- DMC Embroidery Thread - Number 906
- DMC Embroidery Thread - Number 813
- DMC Embroidery Thread - Number 743
- Needle - size 18
- Needle Threader
- Embroidery Scissors
- Tacky Glue
- Linen Blend Fabric
CLASS WORKSHEETS INCLUDE:
- Hustle Geo Color Reference
- Hustle Geo Pattern
- Stitch Sampler
- Wild Floral Color Reference
- Wild Floral Pattern
About the Instructor
Kristen is a self-taught fiber artist from St. Louis, MO who took her love for hand embroidery to the next level by founding Gulush Threads in 2013. She spends most of her time hustlin’ (needle in hand) while sharing her passion for design with others.