What you’ll learn in this class:
- How to draw and transfer words and designs onto fabric.
- How to master simple hand stitches and techniques.
- How to tie off threads and finish the back of your project.
In this class, Kristen will teach you to master the back stitch, satin stitch and the French knot. Plus you'll learn how to hold your needle and how to tie off the thread to finish your embroidery project. At the end of the class, you’ll know how to make simple yet whimsical embroidered sayings and designs.
- Supplies Overview
- Preparing Your Project
- How To Hold + Thread A Needle
- Back Stitch
- Satin Stitch
- French Knot
- Fixing Mistakes
- Tying Off The Thread
- Finishing Your Project
All you need to take this course are the supplies listed below and the class worksheets prepared by Kristen that are available for download after purchase.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO TAKE THE CLASS:
- Wooden Embroidery Hoop - 5 inches
- Linen Rayon Blend Fabric (6 x 6 inches)
- Tapestry Needle - Size 18
- Embroidery Floss (6 strand)
- Embroidery Snips
- Tacky Glue
- Needle Threader (optional)
- Fabric Scissors (optional)
CLASS WORKSHEETS INCLUDE:
- "Daisy Me Rollin" Pattern
- "Do Work" Pattern
- "Meowntain" Pattern
- "Your Dreams" Pattern
About the Instructor
Kristen is a self-taught fiber artist from St. Louis, MO. She took her love for embroidery to the next level in 2014 by founding the Gulush Threads, a studio where she can spend time hustlin’ in a field she loves and share her passion for design with others.