In this fashion illustration class, you’ll learn how to:
- Draw stylistic figures and poses
- Translate patterns and fabric from image to illustration
- Create an art piece inspired by street style and fashion trends
Art and fashion collide in this class taught by Paris-trained illustrator Anum Tariq. In just under an hour, you’ll learn how to draw a basic fashion illustration, beginning with basic figure model fashion sketches, then moving on to drawing patterns and outfits based on your favorite looks.
Get excited! Your fashion designer dreams are just around the corner. Plus, you'll have the skills to create more fashion sketchbook illustrations to showcase (or gift!).
- Supplies Overview
- Find Inspiration
- Draw The Basic Figure
- Draw The Clothes
- Clean Up Pencil + Ink
- Color In
- Extra Details
- Patterns Inspiration
- Final Remarks
All you need to take this course are the supplies listed below and the class worksheets prepared by Anum that are available for download after purchase.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO TAKE THE CLASS:
- Copic Ciao Brush Tip Markers (Black, Grey, Skin Tone, Hair Color, & 2 Colors for the Outfit)
- Fine Point Black Markers - Size 01, 03, 05 (Micron)
- White Sharpie Paint Marker
- Mix Media Paper Pad (Canson)
CLASS WORKSHEETS INCLUDE:
- Moodboard for Inspiration
- Figure Model Sketch (AKA a Croquis)
- Pattern Inspiration
- Final Project Design
About the Instructor
Anum is a San Francisco based fashion illustrator with a love for modern glamour and dramatic touches. She works with fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands to create contemporary and stylised illustrations for creative campaigns, branding, packaging and more!