Spent over $100 since 10/1? We'll send you a 40% voucher to use on your next purchase! Offer ends on 10/31.
You can purchase this class as part of our Lettering Lover Bundle along with two other classes for $61 (valued at $87).
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Turn your everyday handwriting into a calligraphy style unique to you
- Use basic strokes and movements to connect letters and make words
- Transfer your finished designs onto various surfaces (like a mug!) to make fancy gifts
Master calligraphy without the ink or nibs! With just a Sharpie, you’ll learn how to turn everyday handwriting into fancy calligraphy. In Alyssa’s class, you'll learn the basic strokes to complete the alphabet. She'll then teach you how to connect letters to make words and phrases. Finally, you’ll sketch out a design that you can transfer to various surfaces. You’ll walk away from Alyssa’s class with a riveting DIY coffee mug and a unique lettering style!
- Supplies Overview
- Basic Strokes + Warm Up
- Letters + Words
- Thickening The Downstroke
- Components of Style
- Adding Embellishments
- Final Project - On Paper
- Final Project - Transferring To Object
- Final Remarks
All you need to take this course are the supplies listed below and the class worksheets prepared by Alyssa that are available for download after purchase.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO TAKE THE CLASS:
- Washi Tape
- 100% Recycled Paper
- Paper Towels
CLASS WORKSHEETS INCLUDE:
- Practice Alphabet Print Out
- Alphabet With Stroke Guide
- Alphabet With Skeleton Outline
- Components of Style Print Out
- Flourishes + Laurels Print Out
- Grid Print Out
- Back Strokes + Warm Up Print Out
- Final Design Example
About the Instructor
Alyssa is the owner and designer behind PBC Home. She started her home decor shop after getting married and moving into her first home. It was there that she fell in love with all things home decor. And of course, a simple sofa pillow looks SO much prettier with a hand-lettered design on it! As such, Alyssa turned a simple pen-to-paper skill into a business. Today, she’s creating hand lettered products on the daily. And on just about any surface or object that her customers can dream up!