You’re on your way to jumpstarting your abstract art-making adventures. All you need is a little colorful inspiration, right? That’s where Courtney comes in! In this class, she'll teach you how to use acrylic paints to create beautiful abstract art. You'll walk away from this class with a fun piece of art to show off in your home or office.
AFTER TAKING THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Use color theory principles to blend color combinations and setup your artworks palette
- Apply a base color to your canvas and work in layers to create an abstract look
- Use various painting techniques to build depth and texture to your artwork
So what are you waiting for? Enroll in our Acrylic Painting class today! It's the perfect beginner class to get you started on using acrylic paints. Plus, Courtney will be with you every step of the way as you explore abstract painting. Trust us. You're going to LOVE the colorful masterpiece you come up with!
GET ACCESS TO 8 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- Supplies Overview
- Brush Strokes
- Color Theory
- Painting Techniques
- Painting A Background
- Putting It Together
- Tips + Tricks
All you need to take this course are the supplies listed below and the 2-page class workbook prepared by Courtney.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO TAKE THE CLASS
- Synthetic Stroke Paintbrush - 1/2 inch
- Synthetic Flat Wash Paintbrush - 1 inch
- Synthetic Filbert Paintbrush - Size 10
- Synthetic Round Paintbrush - Size 10
- Palette Knife
- Paper Palette Pad
- Acrylic Medium Bodied Paints (Red, Blue, Yellow, Black + White)
- Canvas - 16 x 20 inches
- Spray Bottle
- Paper Towels
- 2 Cups of Water
THE CLASS WORKBOOK INCLUDES
- Color Wheel
- Brush Stroke Guide
About the Instructor
Courtney Pilgrim is an artist and art teacher from Atlanta, Georgia, and the founder of the colorful My Friend Court, a blog that she painted up in 2013. As she describes painting as her “happy place” or as “a time to play”, she feels lucky that she gets to teach and share her passion with others as her job.