STUDENT TESTIMONIAL: “This user-friendly class is packed with helpful content for artists at any stage in their development. I enjoyed the accessibility and the well-organized format, which makes it easy to take the class on my own time-frame.” - Melissa S.
In our Intro To Floral Illustration class, you’ll learn how to create beautiful flowers and foliage from real-life inspiration. After taking this class, you’ll finally be able to draw some of your favorite florals that you can use to jazz up planners, doodle like a rockstar, make as a gift, embellish a hand-lettered design, and so much more!
You instructor, Peggy, will give you a basic overview of how to draw plants and flowers. You’ll then learn how to add color using colored pencils and brush pens to bring them to life on paper. After you’ve got the skills down, Peggy will finish the course by walking you through your final project: A floral wreath with an inspirational quote inside!
AFTER TAKING THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Take real-life botanicals and outline them as a flat illustration on paper.
- Draw a beautiful floral wreath illustration around your hand lettering designs.
- Use colored pencils and brush pens to add a pop of color to your botanicals.
- Blend colors to add a watercolor effect into your design using brush pens.
Ready to start drawing realistic-looking floral designs? Enroll in our Intro To Floral Illustration online class today.
STUDENT PROJECT SPOTLIGHTShare your project with us. Use the hashtag #bcclasses on Insatgram to get featured.
GET ACCESS TO 8 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION Learn more about your instructor, Peggy, and what you’ll be learning in her class.
- SUPPLIES OVERVIEW Peggy will go over the basic supplies you'll need to take her class.
- DRAWING PLANTS In this lesson, Peggy will show you how to draw leaves using two different types plants.
- DRAWING FLOWERS Next, Peggy will show you how to draw flowers using two different types of florals.
- FINAL PROJECT It's time to start your final project: A colorful floral wreath with a motivation quote inside!
- COLORING TECHNIQUE 1: COLORED PENCILS In this lesson, Peggy will teach you how to add color and shadows to your project using colored pencils.
- COLORING TECHNIQUE 2: TOMBOW PENS You'll learn three different ways to use Tombow brush pens to add a pop of color to your design in this lesson.
- FINAL REMARKS You've learned the skills! Now Peggy will give you a few tips on how you can continue illustrating beautiful florals.
All you need to take this class are a few supplies and the 13-page class workbook created by Peggy.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO TAKE THE CLASS
- Black Ink Pens
- Colored Pencils
- Water-Based Markers
- Canson Mixed Media Paper
- Tombow Blending Palette
- Pencil (Any Will Do!)
THE CLASS WORKBOOK INCLUDES
- A Welcome Note From Peggy
- A List of Supplies
- Quick Tips for Line Drawing
- Step-By-Step Botanical Drawings
- Inspiration To Continue
About the Instructor
Peggy is an illustrator and self-published author of two bestselling books The Ultimate Brush Lettering Guide and Botanical Line Drawing. When she’s not helping others learn creative skills (psst! her classes have won awards!), you can find Peggy working with brands like Tombow, Sharpie, and Strathmore, just to name a few.