In this class, you’ll learn how to master the art a beautiful word collage using various lettering styles! The best part about word collages is that you can create them for all kinds of occasions, people, and places!
Your instructor, Kiley, will walk you through her process for creating beautiful hand-lettered designs. You’ll learn how to sketch out your collage, pair different lettering styles, add embellishments, and more! As a bonus, Kiley will also show you how to digitize and polish your design using the Procreate app. Woot!
BY THE END OF THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Develop and sketch out a word collage.
- Create word collages using three lettering styles.
- Digitize your designs in the Procreate app
Let’s get started! Enroll in our Lettering Layouts: Creating Beautiful Designs online class today! Need more inspo? Check out some of Kiley's word collage creations below!
GET ACCESS TO 10 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION: Learn more about your instructor Kiley, and what you can expect from the course.
- SUPPLIES: In this lesson, you’ll get a quick overview of what supplies you'll need to complete this class.
- PICKING A TOPIC: Let’s get started on your word collage! In this lesson, you’ll learn how to pick a topic, choose words, and rank them for your layout.
- LETTERING STYLES: Learn three lettering styles as Kiley walks you through the alphabet guides included in your course downloads.
- SKETCHING YOUR PROJECT: In this lesson, you’ll learn how to start sketching out your word collage.
- ADJUSTING YOUR SKETCH: You have the base down, now it’s time to make a few tweaks and finalize your lettering style choices.
- ADDING EMBELLISHMENTS: Kiley will show you how to fill out your design by adding in embellishments in this lesson.
- FINALIZING YOUR CONCEPT: It’s time to set your collage! You’ll use a brush pen in this lesson to trace your design with ink.
- DIGITIZING: In this lesson, you’ll learn how to digitize your word collage in the Procreate app on iPad..
- FINAL REMARKS: You’ve learned how to create a beautiful word collage! Now use your skills to create collages for all kinds of occasions!
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS CLASS:
- The 10-page course workbook (included in the Materials download section)
- Tracing Paper
- Card Stock
- Large Brush Pen
- Small Brush Pen
- Lightbox (Optional)**
- iPad Pro (Optional)
- Apple Pencil (Optional)
- Procreate App (Optional)
** You can hack this with the flashlight on your phone and a glass surface.
THE WORKBOOK INCLUDES:
- A welcome message from Kiley
- A list of supplies for the class
- A reference photo of your final project
- 3 alphabet styles in variou styles
About the Instructor
Kiley is a brush lettering artist, teacher, podcaster, blogger, and born and bred Kentuckian. She created her blog, Kiley in Kentucky, in 2013 as a hobby, but four years later it has developed into a brand focused on teaching brush lettering and other art forms to complete beginners! Kiley’s favorite things are: her cat, a cup of strong coffee, thrifting with her husband, and doodling on any and everything she can doodle on.